This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY DOESN'T ZENBOOK PRO 17 UM6702 HAVE 32GB OF RAM AVAILABLE

shawnchong
Star I

Why doesn't the Zenbook Pro17 have a laptop with 32GB of ram? 16GB makes this model useless.

I've been waiting for over a year. I am a lifetime Asus fan, bought over 10 notebooks over the years (yes, 10!)

When can I expect it. If they have the Zenbook Pro17 32GB of ram, I'd be the first in the company to get a non Mac! I'd also buy one for my personal use.

This is very sad and annoying. From Canada.

7 REPLIES 7

phermous
Star III

Hi,

I am not sure where did you look, but ASUS Canada says there is a 32GB (top) variant from the Pro 17:
Zenbook Pro 17 (UM6702, AMD Ryzen 6000 series)|Laptops For Creators|ASUS Canada

Best,

Marton

Click on the BUY button and take a look! It's been the same for months! Ony 16GB variant (soldered 16GB non-upgradable) is available.  I looked far and wide for 32GB and none to be found!

How can anything be PRO if it can't have 32GB of ram? Do I need it? YES. I run 7-12 docker containers, have multiple dev servers running! I also need 2! I as my company would buy it, and one for personal use. I've been getting macbooks for last 3 years, and the M chips. Though battery is good, is trashy with docker container networking and such. I really dislike Mac, eventhough using for 6 years, still prefer my ubuntu linux laptops for work.

I am sorry, I should have take a deeper look. That is really a shame ASUS don't have the 32 GB variant available even in the states... 

It's a joke the Zenbook Pros don't have 32GB, as they could break clearly into the workbook scene. The only choice now is Lenovo, but if Zenbook Pros are marketed with 32GB, and market it correctly, they could give brand awareness, because EVERYONE WANTS a nice laptop that is very functional.

Instead they only come out with 16GB and a measly 8GB... WTF 8GB??? FOR A PRO? what pro is this? for professional amateurs? Go ahead and have the 8GB but also  have the 32GB.