cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UX3402V support on linux, sound not working

SVic
Star I

Hello,

I have recently bought a Asus Zenbook 14 UX3402V. I will need to use it with linux, but I figure out that sound is not working under linux Ubuntu distribution. I have read some insights on how to make it work, but root issue seems to be on missing indication on BIOS:

"The amplifiers are supported by the snd_hda_scodec_cs35l41 module in recent kernel versions, but they require some model-specific configuration parameters, that should be provided by the BIOS, via ACPI. Of course, they are missing"

source: https://gist.github.com/lamperez/862763881c0e1c812392b5574727f6ff?permalink_comment_id=4841865

Is it possible to give me some support on how to make them work in linux with suitable parameters?

It would be also great support to make keypad and fingerprint working on linux/Ubuntu, but sound is more critical to me. I wish to use this beautiful laptop and it would be a shame for me to waste it using only windows on it.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS

@SVic 
Unfortunately, we have not tested the Linux system and cannot guarantee its stability and compatibility. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.