cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Zenbook 14X Space Edition with closed lid

nampat
Star II

Hi!

I have Zenbook 14X Space Edition with i7-12700H. When I am at home I want to use it with closed lid and connected to external 4K monitor. This processor produces quite a lot of heat - is it OK to use this laptop lid closed?

4 REPLIES 4

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, nampat .

Sorry for the slow reply due to the Lunar New Year holiday and any inconvenience this may cause.

Please follow the steps below to change what closing the lid does:
1. Go Settings > System > Power & sleep and select Additional power settings from the right menu.
2. On the left of the resulting Power Options Control Panel entry, select Choose what closing the lid does.
3. Select the settings you need, and then click Save Changes.

If there is an inoperable part of the process, please let me know which is it. Thank you.

Thank You for the reply! Everything works fine, although my question was whether it is OK to use this laptop constantly with closed lid as it is producing quite a lot of heat. 

Hello, @nampat sorry for the slow reply.

It is recommended that you keep an eye on whether there is any abnormality in the operation of the laptop, such as freezing, a blue screen, etc.
Meanwhile, please refer to [Notebook] Troubleshooting - Overheating (Fan) issue of ASUS laptop to check the details.

Thank you.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.