This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UM5606- why is Fingerprint recognition settings "currently unavailable" ?

nurbster11
Star II

Hi Forum.  I've tried to enable the driver in "Biometric Devices" of Device Manager, but see no option.  Is Windows account creation at first boot required for fingerprint sensor to work as I bypassed and did local account ?

Sven

6 REPLIES 6

This is the 3rd thread about missing fingerprint reader in Windows. Are you absolutely sure it's not a driver or BIOS problem in the system? Because as of now 4 of us are missing the biometric device in the system and it happened in the last 2 weeks. If it's hardware failure that would be an incredible coincidence.

nurbster11
Star II

Thanks for replying with this information norti.  I was not aware that others experiencing the same thing.  I did not see any option for fingerprint sensor in BIOS/UEFI and think it would have been mentioned or linked by moderator who provided quite comprehensive troubleshooting guide.  I can't help but think that Cloud Recovery feature of WinRE is somehow responsible as I believe that I saw the fingerprint sensor/driver before I decided to try said recovery.  Can't say for certain.  I posted about the recovery on Discord "Linux on ASUS ROG":

https://discordapp.com/channels/725125934759411753/1270041170008997978

Sven