This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UM3402YA - Where is MyASUS Battery Health Charging Maximum Lifespan Mode?

mustafayolgiden
Rising Star I

Hello ASUS team,

Last week I purchased Zenbook UM3402YA and I'm very happy with my new notebook.

I immediately wanted to check Battery Health Charging settings and I could only find "Balanced Mode", which charges notebook until 80%. But I will use my notebook usually plugged in and I don't want to reduce my batterys lifespan, so I need "Maximum Lifespan Mode", which limits battery to 60% capacity.

Why UM3402YA doesn't have this option? If notebook hardware didn't support it it shouldn't have support 80% mode too. Since hardware support battery health care settings, I want you to update MyASUS (or BIOS if necessary) and add 60% maximum lifespan mode for UM3402YA.

I inserted a screenshot about this problem. Best regards.

MyASUS Battery Health Care.png

9 REPLIES 9

Yes, there definitely was. I believe it went missing after some ( do not know exactly when) MyASUS appliaction update.

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello,  mustafayolgiden and  nampat .

Sorry for the slow reply due to the Lunar New Year holiday and any inconvenience this may cause.

According to the reply from the relevant department, the "battery limit charging to 60%" function will be fixed in the next BIOS version. Please keep an eye on and update the BIOS released on the official website.

Thank you.

3 months have passed but we still didn’t receive a new BIOS update. When it will be available?

@mustafayolgiden 
Unfortunately, it is understood that the subsequent design is changed to only 80% of the options, so there will be no new options through the update of BIOS or MyASUS. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.