cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenpad is disabled

Lazarov
Star I
Hello,
since about one week I have a problem with my screenpad. When I press the F6 key it says "Touchpad is disabled", I've tried a lot of things after that, until I found out that my driver for the touchpad is missing (so I think, didn't see it in the "Mice and other pointing devices"). After that I've downloaded a driver for the touchpad, but the situation didn't improve. If someone can help me with that I would be very satisfied.
20 REPLIES 20

Mro123
Star I
And there is more here: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/214234#Comment_214234
Or even on the internet lately...
HELP!
Nothing from those knowledge base didn't work.
The point is, there is no touchpad in device manager, so system cannot instal driver, you cannot uninstall drivers etc..

Falcon_ASUS
Mro123

Same thing here.

After reinstalling as FAQ says, F6 does nothing, and there is no Touchpad in Device manager.

Any ideas?

View post
@Mro123
Could you please tell me which model of laptop you are using?
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS GlobalMay I ask what is the problem you are actually encountering with the touchpad?
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Mro123
Star I
UX535LI, bios v.315 All drivers are up to date. Normally im using external keyboard and mouse.
Las time i have used touch pad was in beginning of may.
and between this moment and few days ago touch pad dies.

at first when i was trying to turn it on with F6 hotkey it just displays popup "Screenpad is disabled", it was not working at all. Both - touchpad and display (it was just black)
so i have used knowledge base article (cant posts links) it did nothing. So i upgrade to Windows 11
Screenpad becoming alive, but only as a screen. but not as a touchpad.
moreover, F6 hotkey do nothing now, when push, there is no popup on screen at all (others HK works).
There is no Touchpad in Device Manager at all, so it dies, or it has wrong drivers and dont appear as touchpad.
Could someone with working touchpad on UX535LI paste me a screen from touchpad properties in device manager?
What is the hardwar id? Perhaps i will be able to find it as other device and reinstall?

Mro123
Star I
as i can see, there are few other reports on web from last month with this problem.
Can you escalate to someone? or talk with some second line if they have any solution for this?

Falcon_ASUS
Mro123

UX535LI, bios v.315 All drivers are up to date. Normally im using external keyboard and mouse.

Las time i have used touch pad was in beginning of may.

and between this moment and few days ago touch pad dies.

at first when i was trying to turn it on with F6 hotkey it just displays popup "Screenpad is disabled", it was not working at all. Both - touchpad and display (it was just black)

so i have used knowledge base article (cant posts links) it did nothing. So i upgrade to Windows 11

Screenpad becoming alive, but only as a screen. but not as a touchpad.

moreover, F6 hotkey do nothing now, when push, there is no popup on screen at all (others HK works).

There is no Touchpad in Device Manager at all, so it dies, or it has wrong drivers and dont appear as touchpad.

Could someone with working touchpad on UX535LI paste me a screen from touchpad properties in device manager?

What is the hardwar id? Perhaps i will be able to find it as other device and reinstall?

ka02r000000kqi4qaa-pl-3.jpg

View post
@Mro123
Please try step 6 of the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the ScreenPad Plus problems when it is not working properly ...Please download and install [ScreenPad2 Optimizer] correction program. Click here to download ScreenPad Optimizer.
Note: This tool will be able to correct the ScreenPad Plus resolution, rotation, ScreenPad Plus abnormal display, and ScreenPad Plus cannot operate,in order to ensure the operation of ScreenPad Plus.