Screenpad dosent work after format

System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: ZenBook Pro 15 UX580GD
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
========================
Detailed description:
I have recently formatted the computer and after installing windows I cannot make the screenpad work.
I have tried to install the provided drivers but I have not been able to install.
20 REPLIES 20

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello mimilazarevic1992,
May you check if your BIOS is verion 312?
ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 UX580GD Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS USAIf not, can you update it, and then run the live update again?
Thank you.

mimilazarevic19
Star II
Yes it is 312. live update still does not do anything related to screenpad update

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello mimilazarevic1992,
I went through all of our discussion again. And I'm really sorry that I might have missed something.
You download Win10 from Windows website, right?
So you were not using the factory OS, but the open platform one........
If so....that's the reason......why the upgrade tool has been failing...
Please kindly send your device to service center to reinstall the factory OS back,
please make sure that you clarify that the screenpad has been upgraded before.
I'm really sorry for all the inconvenience casued.
Thank you so much.

asefkarim91
Star I
I have this same problem for the last 6 months. I have tried many different ways to fix this problem. I am really frustrated with ASUS not because of anything else but the blatant disregard for serving customers who have already bought their service. This is a very simple problem. OS not recognizing secondary display, just find out why and figure out a way to detect it. Its not a problem customers can solve doing their own research because it is BIOS problem. ASUS is uploading UX550GD BIOS for my UX580GD laptop, and all other drivers too. I would understand you made it you know it better, I wouldnt care what model BIOS I was using if this WORKED at all!! But its not!! I cant even install the "Hotfix" driver they put in. This is just disgusting!! They expect the community to fix this problem? When their developers should be able to fix this problem in a few minutes! If they actually made this laptop in the first place that is. If they didn't I would understand that as well.

mimilazarevic19
Star II
Horrible. Why can't I use windows from Windows website? That is really annoying. I do not want to send my laptop only to get windows reinstalled, that will take time and I need it for work. Can I get the copy of the factory OS and I'll do it myself. Thank you.