Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScreenPad disables with domain account - ux550ge

BrianAK
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: ScreenPad disables when logged in as a domain account but functions when in a local account
Model: UX550GE-XB74T
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes

I just bought a UX550GE-XB74T for work, and upon joining it to my domain, the ScreenPad stopped functioning. It shows disabled and cannot be enabled at all. If I log back into a local account, the ScreenPad functions normally. I spoke to ASUS tech support but they were unable to assist. I am the domain administrator for my domain, and I suspect it could be related to a domain setting, possibly in the GPOs, but I can't think of what. It's not like ScreenPad existed for a long time for it to have its own unique setting in the GPOs, I can't seem to find anything that would disable the software from running. Any thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3

BrianAK
Star II
Was able to resolve this by manually launching a screenpad app from the MS store.

BrianAK
Star II
Nevermind - aside from that fixing it once the screenpad continues to not work on a domain account. Weird

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello BrianAK, May I know your 1.Windows OS verison (1809/1903) 2.BIOS version 3. Asus ScreenPad Display Driver verison 4. ASUS Precision Touchpad (ScreenPad) verison 5. Screenpad toolbar version I will double confirm with our technical support team. Thank you for messaging us. Have a nice day.