Battery or AC: AC
Model: 550GDX
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi

I got into trouble with my screenpad today. I have a screenpad on my zenbook pro and I downloaded the upgrade assistant from Asus Live update to get screenpad 2.0. Bad idea! Everything went ok initially and the BIOS was updated. But on restarting the upgrade assistant always shows the message: updating gooid FW 35% and is stuck there. I waited for 30 minutes, but the screen was still stuck there. My laptop fans were running like mad too. Finally I got fed up and restarted my PC.

Now everytime I restart my PC the update assistant starts up automatically and shows the same message as above. It also disables my wifi. finally I uninstalled the upgrade assistant, but now my screenpad doesn't work anymore. I can still use it as a normal touchpad, but otherwise it stopped working. So frustrating. I went and looked at the gooidx log text file inside the upgrade assistant folder and the log message is attached. apparently the upgrade assistant is stuck in an infinite loop where it tries to look for some processes but can't find them. Now I have no clue what to do. Can anybody help?

Is there a way to reset my screenpad and start afresh?

4 REPLIES 4

AnthonyLee_ASUS
Rising Star I
Hi @arunk.nitc Please refer to this FAQ to perform screenpad update: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041695/
If you have already performed update as suggested by this FAQ before, may I know if there any errors occurred (you mentioned about error message: updating gooid FW 35%, can you let me know on which step it happened based on FAQ) ?
And have you performed OS reset previously? If yes, please let me know if you performed factory reset from your computer settings, or if you performed OS reset by installing from other sources.  

ryan_konecky
Star I
I have the same situation with a Zenbook. I got through the first reboot and have been stuck at 45% on the ScreenPad 2.0 update for about 30 minutes now. At what point can/should this update be aborted?

ryan_konecky
Star I
For anyone else who comes across this, I wasn’t able to get in touch with anyone from Asus, so I ended up forcing a shutdown — by holding the power button down.
When I started up again, the update was able to complete. It’s probably not the best solution, but after waiting for over an hour and being unable to reach support, I had to try something.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Ryan,
May I know the exact or complete model name of your device ?
Also, I have ever install your own OS ?
Thank you.