This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Issue Zenbook UX433FAC, dark image (low exposure) with windows camera app

System: Windows 10 1909, latest update, BIOS 305
Battery or AC:
Model: Ux 433FAC
Frequency of occurrence: everytime with camera app
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi Zenbook Users,
My Zenbook UX433FAC is three weeks old and purchased from official store and brand new in box.
First set up everything is ok with the camera, when camera app is used, the image capture become dark. I tried to check the driver in device manager, looks updated, there are 2 hardware listed, one with Realtek driver and the other one with Microsoft driver.
Re install the windows from scratch is no use, downgrade the BIOS from 303 to 300, no use, upgrade to 305 no use, checking the website and forum with similiar problem, got the only solution is to use other software such as SKYPE FULL version or Cyberlink Youcam in order to get the setting of the exposure increase to -3 and uncheck the auto, the point is to get the USB 2.0 IR UVC Webcam properties appear and we can set the exposure. It works, but WHEN THE CAMERA APP used, the setting is screwed and the image getting dark again.
Questions:
is this hardware issue or software crash issue?
this need to be fixed, cause when you increase the exposure the FPS of the camera is lowered, this is not right. The normal is with auto exposure the fps is at least at 20, I tested this with webcamtest website.Is
is this driver problem?
Should I uninstall the camera app?
Consider the Asus Zenbook is the premium class of its notebook, having this issue is frustrating and very disappointed.
Need help from this forum and Asus people. Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello widiawwaty,
May you provide screenshot of the setting of Camera APP?
I have send you PM as well
Thank you so much!