This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PLEASE HELP] Several issues with device start up and sign in (and by several I mean several)

argapila
Star I
I have a Zenbook Duo aged about 2 years old. It has been experiencing several start up loading sign in issues the past few months. I will describe the issues in chronological order and what I have tried to do to fix them below. Please advise me on potential sources and solutions of the issue if anyone has any idea. It would be much appreciated. This laptop cost an arm and a leg and is literally my firstborn child.
1st phase: device starts up and loads blue silver code looking management options page frequently (almost every time) - however save and confirm usually successfully restarts the device and logs in. Occasionally save and confirm just loads it back to same page - but forces restart once or twice allows successful load up.
2nd phase: device stops 1st phase issue but starts to take very long (roughly 30-40 minutes) to load up from logo page then automatically starts device diagnosis and "repairing drivers" (for roughly another 10-15 minutes) then goes to blue troubleshooting page that offers to reset device or advanced options. Have tried uninstalling updates and restoring system to past date. Not yet tried windows reinstall due to fear of losing data. Issue still prevails after those trials. Force restart used to successfully load laptop.
3rd phase: device stops having 2nd phase issues and is able to load without issues however sign in page takes roughly 10-20 minutes to load (the page where you press enter and type in pin). After pressing enter or clicking on lock screen sign in page is supposed to be there but that screen remains blurry wallpaper until eventually a passcode entering page loads successfully (that is, after roughly 10-20 minutes). After sign in page loads everything is normal. 
4th phase: pin sign in function disappears from both settings menu and device in general and I switched to picture sign in. Meanwhile sign in page issue gets better but still occasionally takes 10-20 minutes to load. However new worse issue arose where once signed in unable to use device but only a black screen with curser able to move can be seen - cannot do anything and no wake up screen keyboard shortcut works except ctrl alt delete which allows menu to open that allows click on restart option (but screen still black). Have tried opening task manager with keyboard shortcut but does not show up on screen. Takes on average 2 (on a good day) restarts for device to successfully sign in - after which everything functions as usual with no abnormalities within. Occasionally issue pops up where wifi volume battery menu on bottom right of screen tends to be unreactive to click and only pops up roughly an hour after randomly.
Please advise on potential sources and solutions of and for these issues my device has been going through. 
Thank you very much. 
2 REPLIES 2

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
argapila

I have a Zenbook Duo aged about 2 years old. It has been experiencing several start up loading sign in issues the past few months. I will describe the issues in chronological order and what I have tried to do to fix them below. Please advise me on potential sources and solutions of the issue if anyone has any idea. It would be much appreciated. This laptop cost an arm and a leg and is literally my firstborn child.

1st phase: device starts up and loads blue silver code looking management options page frequently (almost every time) - however save and confirm usually successfully restarts the device and logs in. Occasionally save and confirm just loads it back to same page - but forces restart once or twice allows successful load up.

2nd phase: device stops 1st phase issue but starts to take very long (roughly 30-40 minutes) to load up from logo page then automatically starts device diagnosis and "repairing drivers" (for roughly another 10-15 minutes) then goes to blue troubleshooting page that offers to reset device or advanced options. Have tried uninstalling updates and restoring system to past date. Not yet tried windows reinstall due to fear of losing data. Issue still prevails after those trials. Force restart used to successfully load laptop.

3rd phase: device stops having 2nd phase issues and is able to load without issues however sign in page takes roughly 10-20 minutes to load (the page where you press enter and type in pin). After pressing enter or clicking on lock screen sign in page is supposed to be there but that screen remains blurry wallpaper until eventually a passcode entering page loads successfully (that is, after roughly 10-20 minutes). After sign in page loads everything is normal. 

4th phase: pin sign in function disappears from both settings menu and device in general and I switched to picture sign in. Meanwhile sign in page issue gets better but still occasionally takes 10-20 minutes to load. However new worse issue arose where once signed in unable to use device but only a black screen with curser able to move can be seen - cannot do anything and no wake up screen keyboard shortcut works except ctrl alt delete which allows menu to open that allows click on restart option (but screen still black). Have tried opening task manager with keyboard shortcut but does not show up on screen. Takes on average 2 (on a good day) restarts for device to successfully sign in - after which everything functions as usual with no abnormalities within. Occasionally issue pops up where wifi volume battery menu on bottom right of screen tends to be unreactive to click and only pops up roughly an hour after randomly.

Please advise on potential sources and solutions of and for these issues my device has been going through. 

Thank you very much. 

[PLEASE HELP] Several issues with device start up and sign in (and by several I mean several)
after reading your post, installed Windows OS is corrupted by installed third party softwares or windows optimization programs.
So i would recommend you to first backup of your personal files, videos and photos, by booting Linux live OS on your laptop, but dont install linux, instaed use live mode, then copy important files to external hdd or to pendrive.
then remove shutdown linux, boot with windows bootable pendrive, format only existing Windows partition , install windows.
Download Windows 11 iso
Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)

Create bootable drive using this video
How to Create A Windows 11 Bootable USB Flash Drive - YouTube
install Windows 11
How To Install Windows 11 (2022) - YouTube

Falcon_ASUS
argapila

Thank you very much. 

@argapila
What is the full model of the laptop you are using?
Have you tried to restore the system?

How to find Model Name
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings | Officia...