gszkop
Star III
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: OLED screen quality
Model: Asus Zenbook Pro Duo
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

I bought Zenbook Pro Duo and the first thing that caught my eye was the uneven backlight of the screen. When displaying e.g. 5% gray, using a video on YouTube at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi4Wy7vE8-o&t=124s and reducing the screen backlight, you can see a large unevenness in the brightness of the backlight. I will point out that the problems I describe can be seen best in a dark room, when working during the day the problems are not visible or are very poorly visible.
48 REPLIES 48

gszkop
Star III
My screen don't have grain.

braintheboss
Star I
gszkop posted on 2019/10/30 05:51 My screen don't have grain.
Thank you. Then I should be the guy with most bad luck on the world 😞

rodrigo_perez
Star I
@gszkop In looking at the photo of your screen, if the photo is a good representation, it looks like the left side of the screen is slightly brighter than the right side, but not by much. It also looks like you have a stuck pixel in the lower right hand corner. Personally, I don't think the brightness difference is really anything to be concerned with as you have to set the brightness very low to see this. I would be more concerned with the stuck pixel that's on all of the time as when I see those, I can't unsee them and wind up looking for it all of the time. On a generally light or white background, you won't really notice it, but on a dark background, it jumps out at you. I read through the article that @braintheboss linked and I don't see any of those types of artifacts on my screen at all. It is very clear and sharp and consistent in brightness across the screen. I'm not sure how similar the panels are between the Dell screen and the ASUS screen as our screen is a touch screen where the Dell is not, so at least some of the specifications are different between the two. In the end, it's up to you as to whether or not what you see on your screen is acceptable, but with what you've shown me, I think you're well within the normal range of variation of the screens and I wouldn't be worried about it Good luck and let us know if you will keep the laptop or return it.

gszkop
Star III
This is my second Asus Zenbook Pro Duo. In the first, differences in brightness between the left and right sides of the screen were larger. I attach a picture of the screen of the first laptop. [img=500,0]https://dlcdnww-zentalk.asus.com/zentalk/data/attachment/image/000/46/33/58_500_500.jpg?ramdom=P8KnG[/img] In the second, these differences in brightness are smaller but you can also see a bright line along the entire screen, in its half height. I enclose a photo with a clear, horizontal line. [img=500,0]https://dlcdnww-zentalk.asus.com/zentalk/data/attachment/image/000/46/33/57_500_500.jpg?ramdom=s0qcf[/img] What you see in the bottom right of the screen is not a stuck pixel but the power LED is reflected in the screen.

braintheboss
Star I
I finally returned both defective. Today I will receive new. I think this is new batch then I hope not defective.