This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My worry about the temperature of Zenbook duo 14 pro (2022)

FongPoui
Rising Star II
System: Windows 11 Home Single Language version 22H2
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX8402ZE
Frequency of occurrence: 3-4 times (today)
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Frankly speaking, I am quite worried about the tempeture of this model as I left my Lenovo brand for Asus because I like the duo screen system. Today, it occured 3 or 4 times as I left my zenbook for a while (installing some softwares, UE 5 project packaging, or even just leaving for a cup of coffee...), I found that my zenbook had gone to sleep and I could not awake it by any key. I did a hard reset (keep pressing on the power button for at least 30-40 seconds) before I got back to work.
That's why I have tried to get more information about the temperature status of this model: what is the average temperature for its normal status (at starting, after turning on other apps, etc.).
temperature-70-at-starting-05-11-2022.png
temperature-85-at-starting-after-hard-reset-05-11-2022.png
temperature-at-92-after-opening-unreal-eingine5.png
temperature-85-at-starting-after-hard-reset-05-11-2022.png
Today, when it had gone to sleep (or self power off) and hard to awake, I would like to be more informed about the temperature.
3 REPLIES 3

FongPoui
Rising Star II
It just occured again: ten minutes ago, I left my laptop for about 10 minutes and I got back, it was in screen off mode. I set it to sleep after 1 hour both in battery and charging mode.
system-and-battery-setting-05-11-2022.png
temperature-at75-after-screen-off-mode-unable-to-awake-05-11-2022.png
I didn't turn on the screenpad but I remarked that the screenpad got warmer than the main screen! I was really surprised about that.

Falcon_ASUS
FongPoui

It just occured again: ten minutes ago, I left my laptop for about 10 minutes and I got back, it was in screen off mode. I set it to sleep after 1 hour both in battery and charging mode.

system-and-battery-setting-05-11-2022.png

temperature-at75-after-screen-off-mode-unable-to-awake-05-11-2022.png

I didn't turn on the screenpad but I remarked that the screenpad got warmer than the main screen! I was really surprised about that.

View post
@FongPoui
If you restart the laptop, does the problem occur again?
If you think the laptop is overheating,  I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our repair center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.