This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Asus Zenbook UX581GV-H2004R 15.6" don´t send signal to external monitor anymore

ZT-392c5afa
Star I
System: Windows 10 PRO
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Zenbook UX581GV-H2004R 
Frequency of occurrence: Permanent no signal to external monitor
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I have been using my Asus Zenbook UX581GV-H2004R 15.6" for some few months. I´m connecting my Asus to an external monitor with a HTML cable. Today the notebook stop sending a signal to the external monitor.
Normally the HTMI cable work with using the HTML connector and also with a hub for USB-C.
I have updated to the latest driver. Cable changed and monitor changed as a test and it´s the notebook, who don´t send a signal to the monitor.
Please try help me with another advice than just send the device to service center. The notebook have been functioning with both connectors (HTML and USB-C).
I look forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards and thanks
22 REPLIES 22

ZT-392c5afa
Star I
Dear support.
Thank you very much for your follow-up and I´m sorry that I haven´t answered before, but I had severe pain in my neck for more than 2 weeks, because of to much video editing on the notebook.
The above Intel Graphics Command center app was already installed, but I have uninstalled and installed it again. Still no signal to an external monitor. If I enable the Screenpad Plus, then I can select that as an another monitor, but that´s not what I need. I need to connect to an external monitor (bigger monitor) for better editing and a more relaxed head position.
We did not get Case ID, because they couldn't help us, so you are free to contact your colleague as you prefer to solve the problem. Please be sure, that they have the needed spareparts in stock, before I send my notebook to them. If they have a prefered postal service, please let me know.

Best regards and thanks,

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello John,
Please kindly provide the contact number or email you used to contact our local team in the PM I send you.
No matter it is call or email, no matter what kind of answer they gave you, once they response, there should be a case ID.
But anyway...please provide the information and let us check internally.
Thank you.

kimkim
Star I
Hey there,
I've had the exact same problem. After many hours trying everything to solve that issue : proper installation of Windows, buy a new cable, ...
None was able to help me then I tried to enter bios and I changed the status of the thunderbolt port and guess what ? It works !

I hope that this will help you out.
Kim