This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Corporation - Extension - 22.11.20.0.1 repeatedly installed by Windows Update

realstephenbair
Star III
System: UX581GV
This has been happening for months:
image.png
My understanding is that this is a driver "extension" provided by the computer manufacturer. So something is improperly configured by Asus.
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
realstephenbaird
  1. System: UX581GV

This has been happening for months:

image.png

My understanding is that this is a driver "extension" provided by the computer manufacturer. So something is improperly configured by Asus.

Intel Corporation - Extension - 22.11.20.0.1 repeatedly installed by Windows Update
@realstephenbaird
Could you please provide me the version number of the system you are currently using?
Which version of Windows operating system am I running? - Microsoft SupportSorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

realstephenbair
Star III
image.png
Windows 10 Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.2251)

Falcon_ASUS
realstephenbaird

image.png

Windows 10 Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.2251)

View post
@realstephenbaird
Please try the following to see if the situation has be improved.

**Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Press Start then click Settings(Gear icon)
Select Update and Security > Troubleshoot
Select Additional troubleshooters
Under Get Up and Running, select Windows Update
Run the troubleshooter

**Make sure Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer services are available and running.
Click Start, type services.msc in the Start Search text area, and then click services.msc in the programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

Double-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
If the Startup status lists Stopped, click Start and then click OK. If the status is Running, right click then select Restart

Double-click Windows Update.
If the Startup status lists Stopped, click Start and then click OK. If the status is Running, right click then select Restart

**Reset Windows Update Components
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/24742-reset-windows-update-windows-10-a.html

realstephenbair
Star III
Thanks, but I've already done all of that. If you search the web, this is a fairly common problem with Asus computers that is not solved by those generic troubleshooting steps you provided.