05-13-2022 01:11 AM
05-13-2022 03:46 AM
GCawthornDid you disabled RAID mode in bios
- Battery or AC: AC
- Model: ASUS Zenbook UX305FA
- Frequency of occurrence:
- Reset OS:
- Screenshot or video:
I currently have Ubuntu on this laptop but have bought a new Windows 10 licence to install. When trying to install from the ISO image on a bootable USB stick it says there are no matching drivers found. I have downloaded the IRST_Intel_Skylake_Win10_64_VER14501081 driver from the Asus site and copied it to the USB stick. The Win10 installer recognises this and gets one stage further, but then it says 'No new devices drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers, then click OK.'
Installing Windows 10 on ASUS Zenbook UX305FA
05-13-2022 06:09 AM
05-13-2022 06:16 AM
05-13-2022 06:43 AM
GCawthornWhich processor is installed in your laptop, processor name and model please.
- Select USB from boot override.
- Reboot, Windows installer starts.
- Select language, location, click next.
- Click install.
- Error message says that a media driver needed is missing.
- Select IRST_Intel_Skylake_Win10_64_VER14501081 directory on USB stick, previously downloaded.
- Select 'Intel 9 series chipset family SATA AHCI controller', click next.
- Installer thinks for a short while, then an error message says 'No new devices drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers, then click OK.'