This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing Dynamic Refresh Rate on OLED displays via software?

liOS
Star III

I love both displays on my Pro Duo 14 (UX8402) but I believe that they drain the battery way too fast.

Ideally Asus should work on a software that allow the OLED screen to adjust the refresh rate to 0 when is not needed and adapt it accordingly as in MacBooks.

AI could help with that maybe. I asked ChatGPT and it seems that to avoid the burn-in issue is the most challenging part.
------------------------------------ chat gpt-----------------------------

Designing a software that uses AI to control the refresh rate on OLED displays would likely involve several steps:

1. Collecting and analyzing data: The first step would be to collect data on how the OLED display behaves under different refresh rates. This could include information on power consumption, brightness, color accuracy, and other metrics.

2. Training a model: The collected data would then be used to train a machine learning model. The model would learn to predict the optimal refresh rate for a given set of conditions, such as the content being displayed and the ambient lighting.

3. Implementing the model: The trained model would then be implemented in software that runs on the device with the OLED display. The software would use the model's predictions to dynamically adjust the refresh rate in real-time.

4. Optimizing and testing: The software would then be optimized and tested to ensure that it works correctly and efficiently. This would include testing the software on a variety of content and under different lighting conditions to ensure that the refresh rate is being adjusted correctly.

5. Considerations: To prevent burn-in, you can implement algorithms that detect static content and reduce the refresh rate or move the content on the screen.

Keep in mind that this is a high level overview and the actual implementation would be complex and may require expertise in areas such as machine learning, computer vision, and OLED display technology.

--------

any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7

aaronjeffery
Star I

I am running on my Asus zenbook duo for more than one year now, and I have one more pc with an intel arc graphics card. my Asus zenbook has intel i7, 11th gen. when I try to render any of my cad projects on both of my pc it slows down, and my intel arc pc is taking less time than the Asus zenbook duo.  

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, liOS .

It is recommended that you check the battery health via MyASUS, and refer to the link below for more battery information.

[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the short battery life problem
[Notebook] ASUS Battery Information Center

Thank you.

Yeah... I also optimized it on linux and got better battery life. However my suggestion was to try to catch up with Apple in terms of efficiency (in particular OLED screens).

Hello, liOS .  Thank you for the feedback!
It will be reflected on the relevant units for reference evaluation.