This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reduce VRAM in ASUS UM431DA/UX431DA

fsulistia
Star I
This is a UM431DA/UX431DA, BIOS 306 (It came with 300, I just upgraded, I still can't find anything relevant), Ryzen 3500U RAM: 8GB . I see that the GPU is taking 2GB of RAM away. I am not a gamer and my GPU needs are tiny. I would rather prefer to configure the BIOS to reduce that reservation and preserve RAM for my actual needs (CPU).
Other laptops allow changing the GPU reservation via the BIOS, sometimes thru hidden advanced menus. I don't see anything video related in this BIOS (version 3.01, released in Dec 2019), even in "advanced" menu, and I don't know if there are hidden menus accessible via a magical key combination.
HELP!
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
fsulistia

This is a UM431DA/UX431DA, BIOS 306 (It came with 300, I just upgraded, I still can't find anything relevant), Ryzen 3500U RAM: 8GB . I see that the GPU is taking 2GB of RAM away. I am not a gamer and my GPU needs are tiny. I would rather prefer to configure the BIOS to reduce that reservation and preserve RAM for my actual needs (CPU).

Other laptops allow changing the GPU reservation via the BIOS, sometimes thru hidden advanced menus. I don't see anything video related in this BIOS (version 3.01, released in Dec 2019), even in "advanced" menu, and I don't know if there are hidden menus accessible via a magical key combination.

HELP!

How to reduce VRAM in ASUS UM431DA/UX431DA
@fsulistia
Unfortunately, this feature uses AMD recommended settings and cannot be adjusted.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

fsulistia
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/66404/how-to-reduce-vram-in-asus-um431da-ux431da

@fsulistia

Unfortunately, this feature uses AMD recommended settings and cannot be adjusted.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
hi thanks for ur replies
but i watched youtube vid there are some users reduce vram size in asus tuf with same amd radeon vega 8 from 2gb to 512mb
he changed itnfrom buffeer size menut, but i can't find it on my bios
i cant insert link so u can search it with keyword how to reduce vram in amd radeon
is this any kind of superuser access for bios?

Falcon_ASUS
fsulistia

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/239063#Comment_239063

hi thanks for ur replies

but i watched youtube vid there are some users reduce vram size in asus tuf with same amd radeon vega 8 from 2gb to 512mb

he changed itnfrom buffeer size menut, but i can't find it on my bios

i cant insert link so u can search it with keyword how to reduce vram in amd radeon

is this any kind of superuser access for bios?

View post
@fsulistia
As far as I know, the relevant settings of the laptop cannot be set up manually. Regarding the video you mentioned, whether the power user used other methods to operate, I am afraid we cannot evaluate with you the operation of this part.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.