This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to confirm the USB 3.2 type A port is really gen 2?

FongPoui
Rising Star II
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX8402ZE
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:As having a problem to connect my Sandisk extreme pro v2 with a full speed of 2000 mb/s, I have searched for info and found that the tech specs for USB3.2 of UX8402 given on the Asus US and Thai web site are the same: 1 x USB 3.2 รุ่น(Gen) 2 Type-A. But after consulting Thai manual of UX8402, it is said "3 พอร์ต USB 3.2 Gen 1 พอร์ต USB 3.2 (บัสอนุกรมสากล 3.2) Gen 1 ให้อัตราการถ่ายโอนข้อมูลสูงสุดถึง 5 Gbits/s และใช้งานได้กับ USB 2.0 รุ่นเก่า" The translation of this info, word by word, is "3. Port USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port USB 3.2 (Serial bus 3.2) Gen 1 data transfer rate upto 5 Gbits/s and can work with old USB 2.0"
Now I have a doubt that the port USB 3.2 in my UX8402ZE (i7) is not a Gen 2 as published on both Thai and English version.
I am waiting for the tech support from Thai ASC, who will pass around 14.00 pm. I will ask him to check this again.
manual-thai-usb3-2-gen1.png

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
FongPoui
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: UX8402ZE
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:As having a problem to connect my Sandisk extreme pro v2 with a full speed of 2000 mb/s, I have searched for info and found that the tech specs for USB3.2 of UX8402 given on the Asus US and Thai web site are the same: 1 x USB 3.2 รุ่น(Gen) 2 Type-A. But after consulting Thai manual of UX8402, it is said "3 พอร์ต USB 3.2 Gen 1 พอร์ต USB 3.2 (บัสอนุกรมสากล 3.2) Gen 1 ให้อัตราการถ่ายโอนข้อมูลสูงสุดถึง 5 Gbits/s และใช้งานได้กับ USB 2.0 รุ่นเก่า" The translation of this info, word by word, is "3. Port USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port USB 3.2 (Serial bus 3.2) Gen 1 data transfer rate upto 5 Gbits/s and can work with old USB 2.0"

Now I have a doubt that the port USB 3.2 in my UX8402ZE (i7) is not a Gen 2 as published on both Thai and English version.

I am waiting for the tech support from Thai ASC, who will pass around 14.00 pm. I will ask him to check this again.

manual-thai-usb3-2-gen1.png

How to confirm the USB 3.2 type A port is really gen 2?
@FongPoui
Confirmed by the technical unit, the USB port (Type-A) of UX8402ZE is USB 3.2 Gen2 2x1 (10Gbps).
Regarding the wrong part of the description in the user manual, I have reported the relevant unit yesterday.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.