cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with system fan replacement

Unicus
Star II

HI everyone,

I need help, I am from Canada and I need to buy a fan for my Zenbook Model Q304U.  The fan is dying. I blew it out, full of dust worked for an hour and then started making horrible sounds.  The drive is a SSD.  So it the fan, any advice on what type of fan I have to buy from Amazon.ca?

See attached photo and this close up of the part number on the fan

https://app.screencast.com/sUwZTjScCXpgm

Asus support was no help, they wanted me to send it in for repair.  I can't afford that.

14 REPLIES 14

No, it is not. But it has the same exact fan inside the cover, the cover looks exactly like in the Q304U AND it is definitely not $250 ¯\(°_o)/¯

Good point.   i also have MB problems, no Bluetooth and lots of errors in Device Manager.  I wonder if its worth fixing?

That is always a good question. Look around what would you buy instead and compare the time & effort & cost.
The mentioned issues often can solve with a fresh install, with up to date drivers etc. 

I did clean installs, still problems, another is these used go for 600 dollars US on eBay.   I have 2, juts wondering if I keep the other broken one for parts is my main machine dies.

I took it apart and oiled the back of the fan, its been on 2 hours no fan problems. I didn't change the thermopaste on the CPU heat sink.   Is that going to be a problem?