Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
JonathanO

I feel like I am late to the party. I have a UX392FN Signature Edition and it also has the gray/green lines that appear occasionally on the webcam feed. I installed the BIOS version 305 which was available this month and the problem is almost gone, but every now and then I see another line. It is much better though. Any other fine tuning I can do?

View post
Hello JonathanO,
May I have a screenshot or video of the issue?
Thank you.

shanebaum
Star I
Blake_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/100668#Comment_100668

Hi shanebaum,

May I have the complete model name?

X412FL? X412FA?

Thank you.

View post
Hi @Blake_ASUS it's a X412FA-EK866T

hudata91
Star I
Hi!
I have a ASUS StudioBook, I just got it in March and I've been having the same issue of grey lines and flickering green screen when video chatting! Is there a fix for it?
tried updating drivers and nothing happened!
Thank you!!
-Huda

jnargyle
Star I
Hi, @Blake_ASUS or to anyone who could help.
I am experiencing a grey and green (full screen) flickers on my camera. I have an ASUS Vivobook S15 S531FL-BQ002T. I have updated all drivers, updated by BIOS, tweaked the battery to full Power/Performance. It's the same whether it's plugged in or is running on battery.
Video is attached below.
I really really need help because nothing has worked so far.
Thank you very much.

jsboth
Star I
Hi @Blake_ASUS,
I am also getting grey bars and a green screen flashing on the camera of my new Vivobook S15.
Model S532FA
I am hoping you can assist.