Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
leoli.nz.5588

Hello Blake, I have a Zenbook UX431F with the same webcam flicker problem when connected to AC power. Is there a BIOS which fixes this? Can you please send a PM? Thank you!

View post
Hello leoli.nz.5588,
It's UX431FN, UX431FA, or UX431FL?
Thank you.

leoli_nz_5588
Star I
Blake_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/98540#Comment_98540

Hello leoli.nz.5588,

It's UX431FN, UX431FA, or UX431FL?

Thank you.

View post
It is UX431FN. Thanks for the fast reply!

morganlev
Star I
Hi Blake_ASUS
I have exactly this webcam flickering problem on my Asus Zenbook UX391FA (SN: KBN0CV09628946E). I am on Bios 303, would you please be able to PM me the fix?
Much appreciated!

Hi @Blake_ASUS ,
I am also having the same issue you have helped other people fix. (The in built webcam flickers with grey lines when I'm doing a video call through Zoom or other video chat platform when plugged in. 
I have a Zenbook UX431F with SN:K9NOLPOOZ225384
Can you PM me the BIOS update?
Thanks!

saurabh_gbp
Star I
I have ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo Model: UX581GV with firmware : UX581GV.308 and I'm having webcam flicker issue, even if I move slightly the video on the screen flickers rapidly. It is happening in all video call apps skype, Google Meets, Microsoft Teams and infact the Windows Camera App.