Star I
System: Asus ZenBook 15
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX534FT
Frequency of occurrence: Always after system boot
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: I disabled App Switcher in ScreenXpert (it was not working for my workflow and disrupting me). This prevented the action menu from appearing when moving/dragging a window, which I wanted. However, whenever I reboot the laptop, the action menu appears again when dragging a window. If I stop and restart the ASUS ScreenXpert Windows Service, everything works as expected. Additionally, if I use Task Manager and end the ASUS ScreenXpert process there, then reopen ScreenXpert from inside MyASUS, the action menu is disabled again (like I want).
Finally, whenever I open ScreenXpert to change its settings, then close the app, it does not reopen unless I end the task in Task Manager or stop/restart the Service. It gets "stuck" after running it once.
I tried setting the ASUS ScreenXpert service to start Automatically (Delayed) to see if that would help it read the configuration where I disabled App Switcher, but it still does not work. I always have to stop ScreenXpert then reopen/restart it for the config to be properly honored. I can also confirm that the Setting is Action Menu=0 in C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\ASUS\ScreenXpert3\ScreenPadMainUI.ini.
These settings are fairly new (in ScreenXpert 3), but they are not being properly read from the configuration when the service first starts on system boot. Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Can I have the ASUS system control interface driver and ScreenXpert version on your laptop?
Thank you.

Ventaur
Star I
Hi Blake,
I didn't get a notification about your reply, so I apologize for the late response. Here are the versions for these system devices in Device Manager.
ASUS System Control Interface v3: Version 3.1.0.0, Driver Date 2022-01-08
ASUS ScreenXpert Interface: Version 2.0.22.0, Driver Date 2021-10-28
The ASUS ScreenXpert UI shows as Version 2.0.5.0 with Modified Date 2021-01-12.
Also, recently, the ASUS ScreenXpert UI service I'm killing to stop this from happening is respawning on its own after a while (even without rebooting).

Thank you!

Falcon_ASUS
Ventaur

Hi Blake,

I didn't get a notification about your reply, so I apologize for the late response. Here are the versions for these system devices in Device Manager.

• ASUS System Control Interface v3: Version 3.1.0.0, Driver Date 2022-01-08
  • ASUS ScreenXpert Interface: Version 2.0.22.0, Driver Date 2021-10-28

The ASUS ScreenXpert UI shows as Version 2.0.5.0 with Modified Date 2021-01-12.

Also, recently, the ASUS ScreenXpert UI service I'm killing to stop this from happening is respawning on its own after a while (even without rebooting).

Thank you!

View post
@Ventaur
May I know if the problem you reported at the beginning still exists?
If it still exists, what is the current BIOS version and system version you are using?
Thank you.

Ventaur
Star I
Hello and thanks for continuing to help!
The problem is still persisting and the process is respawning after some time even without a reboot. I tried disabling it all together but then I cannot use the touchpad in the mode I prefer.
The current BIOS version is 304. I'm not sure what you mean by system version, so here are a few for your information.
System Model: ZenBook UX534FT_q
BIOS Version: UX534FT.304, 2021-01-13
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
MyASUS: Version 3.1.0.0
ASUS System Control Interface v3: Version 3.1.0.0, 2022-01-08
ASUS ScreenXpert Interface: Version 2.0.22.0, 2021-10-28

Regards!