This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New Zenbook 14X OLED Screen is grainy?

pacificsurf
Star I

Got the updated Ux5400ZB with 12th gen intel, 2.8k oled. Love everything except the display. Im coming from an IPS.

The text and screen overall is very grainy, pixelated. I thought it would be super clear. Especially anything with a white background or light colors is grainy. I updated drivers and my scale and resolution is set to the recommended.

Is this normal for OLED's? Any ideas with Drivers, or MyAsus display settings?

I also notice some quiet buzzing noises from the monitor when listening closely. Is that a side effect of OLED's?

Here's a picture where you can kind of see the grainy-ness:

20230112_112919.jpg.48b3e6aff79a5a90f6c585937524fee3.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, pacificsurf and thank you for reaching out.

Could you please provide the serial numbers of the laptop via pm? Could the granular sensation be reduced by adjusting the brightness?

Apart from the sound, may I ask if you have any other abnormalities while using when the buzzing noises happened? For example, freezing, cannot be turned on, or crashes when opening a specific application.

Thank you.

I will PM you the serial number. Brightness does not make a difference and I've messed with all the display settings and updated drivers Graphics etc. It might just be the nature of OLED screens they tend to be grainier with light colors I don't know

Hello, pacificsurf . 

Sorry for the slow reply due to the Lunar New Year holiday and any inconvenience this may cause.

After confirming the product serial number you provided, the picture you provided is "metal mesh."

To achieve this high-standard touch function, there will be many metal mesh in the touch glass.
Therefore, you might have this grainy feeling with shooting up close or using the camera. This is the normal behavior and will not affected your operating functions.

Thank you.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.