This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boya mic not working correctly (crackling sound)

Banana828
Star I

Hi!

I have this really weird problem. I have this Boya microphone (By-BM3031) and it works perfectly on the desktop pc (Windows 10). Although my room isn't pretty good for recording, the sound of the mic is pretty good with OBS studio.

Now I am on a laptop (Windows 11, ZenBook UX535LI). I connected the same mic and did some tests with the Windows 11 sound recorder. Horrible! There is always this crackling sound, no matter what I do. Hard to describe, but it sounds like constant electricity buzzing. Even when I set the monitor off and just hit record.

I also have another mic but that one is wireless (transmitter and receiver) and the quality isn't as good as the Boya. I need to tell my Windows that it's a headset, not a mic. I tried this trick with the Boya too; no luck.

The webcam mic, which has a terrible quality, doesn't have the crackling sound. So I could assume it's the mic, but when I connect the mic to the desktop it works fine... I am so confused right now.

I checked all the settings and it should be okay (I guess not since it goes wrong).

Things I have done:

• Updated the BIOS
    Downloaded the BIOS Update for Windows from the official BIOS page.
  • Reinstalled the audio driver via the device manager
  • Closed Skype (no idea why, but someone said it)
  • Disabled all other audio input devices
  • Played with the levels of the microphone

Anyone got any tips where to look? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.