This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining randomly

I bought an ASUS ZenBook 14 OLED a few months ago and they claim the battery life is 18 hours (I knew it wouldn't be close to that based on reviews, but the 8 or so hours of real-world battery life is good enough for me). Some days the battery life is amazing, lasting me 10 hours, but other days I'm at 20% battery after just 2 hours of YouTube and taking notes. I don't do much intensive tasks (if I am then I plug it in anyway), my laptop doesn't have power hungry components, and I have a decently large battery, so I am confused why battery life varies wildly.

SPECS

Intel Core i5-1240P

8GB DDR5 RAM

90hz 2.8k OLED screen

75 Wh battery

Any help on how to get better battery life or at least keep it consistent would be helpful.

2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @sanjethgobinath .

Could you please provide the model name (for example, UX3402ZA or UM3402YA), the BIOS version, and the content of the setting in BIOS (or whether it is the default)?
It is recommended that you refer to [Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the short battery life problem, check the battery health via MyASUS, and check if you have missed any steps.

Thank you.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.