This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - black screen, works with external monitor

monon
Star I

My ASUS TUF Dash F15 randomly started having some display issues recently. The screen would go black, but it did work with an external monitor. I tried carefully removing the battery and reinserting. Last time I had this issue, I was able to connect it to my TV and boot into BIOS and it seemed to just fix itself. For some reason now, I’m not able to boot into BIOS when holding or tapping F2 or DEL on startup. I tried reinstalling Windows and I ran both a deep virus and start up scan with Avast. I uninstalled the NVIDIA graphics driver meaning to reinstall it, but now my screen doesn’t work on an external monitor either. I’m not super experienced with technology, this is my first gaming laptop and I was just troubleshooting using Reddit and forum posts of similar issues. Did I mess up by removing the graphics driver? I read that it would default to built in graphics or something like that, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Again, I’m not the most well versed in this kind of thing. Any help would be appreciated so much. Thanks 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@monon
Please double-check if the external monitor can display properly.
If the external monitor can display correctly, then it may be a fault with the laptop's own screen or the cable.
If the external monitor also fails to display, it could be due to a faulty graphics card. 
Since the issue you are facing seems to lean towards hardware problems, we would recommend sending it for repair for further investigation.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

monon
Star I

@monon wrote:

My ASUS TUF Dash F15 randomly started having some display issues recently. The screen would go black, but it did work with an external monitor. I tried carefully removing the battery and reinserting. Last time I had this issue, I was able to connect it to my TV and boot into BIOS and it seemed to just fix itself. For some reason now, I’m not able to boot into BIOS when holding or tapping F2 or DEL on startup. I tried reinstalling Windows and I ran both a deep virus and start up scan with Avast. I uninstalled the NVIDIA graphics driver meaning to reinstall it, but now my screen doesn’t work on an external monitor either. I’m not super experienced with technology, this is my first gaming laptop and I was just troubleshooting using Reddit and forum posts of similar issues. Did I mess up by removing the graphics driver? I read that it would default to built in graphics or something like that, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Again, I’m not the most well versed in this kind of thing. Any help would be appreciated so much. Thanks 🙂

I got this,....