System: windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: random
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video: no
========================
Detailed description:
The laptop just returned from the lab for another issue and after a system restore, from a backup made just before sending it to the lab, I discovered this new issue that was not present before.
Every once few hours, sometimes minutes, the keys backlight wont turn back on when moving the mouse or clicking a key as it should, I then have to click the backlight fn key for it to turn back on, and then it will turn back off after a few seconds of inactivity and back on again normally for a while, untill it randomly won't turn back on on a keystroke or mouse movement and I'll have to click the backlight key again to "start it up". It doesnt matter on what level the backlight is left on, it eventually stops turning back on any of the levels.

Do you think this is software related or hardware? The issue was not present before the I sent it to the lab
Is there any diagnostic I can run to see if it hardware related? or a driver that might solve this?
3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Samuel,
May you check your description again, about which "turn back on" and which "turn back off", or just use on or off?
I'm sorry it's a bit confusing, or maybe a video record would be easier to tell the story?
Thank you.

samuelaviv
Star III
Just that the keyboard backlight sometime doesn't come back on when clicking the keyboard, then I have to toglle it on again from the function toggle, the it will turn on and off normally when using/not using the keys respectively, untill it will randomly stop turning back, then I toggle it on from fn keys etc..
This issue was mostly resolved after installing windows form scratch, resetting windows crashed in the middle and only a clean install worked, then after installing ASUS drivers it started working properly again, mostly, it now happens not as often, every couple of days or so.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Samuel,
I see. May you look into this more like if this issue happen when the battery is low, or when on power saving mode,
or when specific program is running?
Thank you.