This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus zenbook pro duo 15 ux582zm thunderbolt 3

Xamer007
Star I
I ask for help in finding a solution to the problem of connecting an external Samsung LS34A650UBIXCI monitor to an asus zenbook pro duo 15 ux582zm laptop.

The essence of the problem is as follows: when connecting via thunderbolt, the image is not displayed on the monitor, although a cable Internet connection appears immediately, etc. The message appears:
Display connection may be limited
Make sure the DisplayPort device you are connecting to is supported by your computer.
Moreover, my wife’s laptop Asus zenbook Ux435e, when the cable was connected, everything started right away! Image, Internet, etc.
40 REPLIES 40

Thanks for the answer

I tried these instructions to remove and reinstall the Thunderbolt driver but none of it helped me.

I also tried installing Intel drivers from the official website.

I also updated the BIOS to the latest version. None of this helped me.

Now the monitor is connected via HDMI and works, but my main task is not completed. I wanted to connect my laptop via USB-C

The information from this below web site can help you to understand the reason why your usb type cable can cause a trouble.

Another reading is here:
https://www.quora.com/Can-I-connect-an-extenal-display-using-USB-C-not-thunderbolt-3 

Is a DisplayPort the same as USB-C?

Does all USB-C support DisplayPort? No, DisplayPort and USB-C are not the same. DisplayPort is a dedicated video and audio interface, while USB-C is a versatile connector standard with many functions. However, USB-C can support DisplayPort signals via Alternate Mode, allowing video and audio transmission similar to a DisplayPort connection.

Can I connect my laptop or smartphone to an external monitor or TV using a USB-C cable?

https://www.anker.com/blogs/hubs-and-docks/can-a-usb-c-port-be-used-for-display 

Can I use USB-C for monitor? Yes, you can connect compatible laptops or smartphones to an external monitor and/or TV using a USB-C cable that supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode. Ensure your devices and cable support this functionality for a seamless connection. 

FongPoui
Rising Star II

After searching for your problem, I think that the problem would come from your usb-c cable. You need a usb type c to type c which supports DP (display port) connection. If you use a usb type c to type c for charging or data transfer only, your monitor will be black. I think the best solution is to use your given usb type c to type c cable which was given. If not, you have to buy a new one which clearly marks its support for graphic display or monitor. In the attached picture, you can read the line " Compatible Thunderbolt3/USB4/DP/PCle devices including docking stations, external graphics cards, and displays.

FongPoui
Rising Star II

@Falcon_ASUS 

Can you disable the accepted solution accidentally clicked by @Xamer007 ?

Because he reached the limit to continue our discussion as he accidentally accepted my solution...