This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus zenbook pro duo 15 ux582zm thunderbolt 3

Xamer007
Star I
I ask for help in finding a solution to the problem of connecting an external Samsung LS34A650UBIXCI monitor to an asus zenbook pro duo 15 ux582zm laptop.

The essence of the problem is as follows: when connecting via thunderbolt, the image is not displayed on the monitor, although a cable Internet connection appears immediately, etc. The message appears:
Display connection may be limited
Make sure the DisplayPort device you are connecting to is supported by your computer.
Moreover, my wife’s laptop Asus zenbook Ux435e, when the cable was connected, everything started right away! Image, Internet, etc.
40 REPLIES 40

Xamer007
Star I

@Falcon_ASUS 

Did you receive my files that I uploaded to the file hosting service?

FongPoui
Rising Star II

@Xamer007 

Very surprising because the I/O ports (2 thunderboltTM 4) of your wife model and yours support display. But there is one difference: your thunderboltTM4 is not a power delivery.

Your I/O ports : 2x Thunderbolt™ 4 supports display

Those of your wife:  2x Thunderbolt™ 4 supports display / power delivery 

This can be the point: your external monitor needs a usb type c port that supports power delivery. When you connect your laptop to the monitor, you just see the logo of your monitor for a short while, after that the monitor turns to black. I am sure that the problem comes from the fact that there is no power delivery. 

FongPoui
Rising Star II

@Xamer007 

To test if the 2x ts4 ports of your zenbook is a power delivery is very simple: connect your phone to your Samsung external monitor, if it turns black after showing for a short while the logo, that means your monitor need a power charger when connecting to your zenbook. 

Thank you very much.
However, my laptop is constantly connected to charge via the original 240-watt charger.

Yes, my laptop will not charge from usb-c. As far as I know, through this connector you can transfer 90 watts to the maximum, possibly less.
But this should not affect the transmission of the video signal.

@Xamer007 

However, my laptop is constantly connected to charge via the original 240-watt charger. 

Do you have a USB C hub with a charger? If yes, try to connect your monitor from that usb c hub. 

Microsoft has a report for this problem... 
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-usb-c-problems-in-windows-f4e0e529-74f5-cdae-3194-43...