This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS UX534FTC Screenpad Suddenly Stops Working

THE_OFFICIAL
Star I
System: Windows 10 64 20H2 (since 2/22/21)
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Zenbook UX534FT-C (from September 2020)
Frequency of occurrence: Always (ever since it happened)
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: Unable to provide
========================
Detailed description:
Yesterday night, I was in a Discord call with some friends. I was in the middle of the talk until i noticed my screenpad glitching out just flickering and the windows dock becoming black (whenever i highlight the dock, it results back to the default colour caused by screen share). After some time, it became what appears to a black screen (I can see that it turns on and it just glows as a black screen. I can recall being in touchpad mode from screenpad while this happened). I haven't done anything and I've tried to reinstall drivers and ScreenXpert. I haven't really changed any settings with it nor have I seen such strange issues occuring. Touchpad is still working fortunately.
6 REPLIES 6

THE_OFFICIAL
Star I
Update: it appears to be faulty wiring or something as whenever i type or do anything regarding touching the laptop, the screenpad starts flashing it giving out weird colours...never have I seen such fragileness in ASUS laptops. I am assuming something went out of place as I might have been clicking on the screenpad. Also had a bluetooth issue that still persists.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
May you help to follow below FAQ to reinstall the driver?
[Notebook] How to fix the ScreenPad 2.0 problems when it is not working properly on my ASUS notebook...Please be careful that the installation order must be folowed.
Thank you.

THE_OFFICIAL
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041344/

Please be careful that the installation order must be folowed.

Thank you.

View post
Nope it's not a driver problem. If I turn the screenpad on and push it or move it, it starts reappearing but flickering. I can actually still launch apps. Therefore, I probably need to take it to somewhere to get it fixed.

THE_OFFICIAL
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041344/

Please be careful that the installation order must be folowed.

Thank you.

View post
I've also tried checking there already. Like I said before, I have tried reinstalling some drivers.