This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook Flip UX363: is it possible to power on when the lid is closed with the on/off button?

System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Zenbook Flip UX363
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello, 
I use a Zenbook Flip UX363 laptop. The laptop has an external power button on the side of the case that can be accessed without opening the lid of the laptop (i.e., the power button is not a keyboard key). I often use the laptop connected to an external monitor (over a Thunderbolt cable), and for that reason it would be very practical to turn on the laptop from the external power button without opening the lid. However, I have only been able to turn on laptop from the external power if the lid is open (if the lid is closed, the laptop does not power on from the external button). I have selected “Do nothing” in the “When I close the lid” setting in the power settings (both while “On battery” and while “Plugged in”). 
Is it possible to turn on the laptop from the external power button while the lid remains closed if e.g. some setting is changed? 
1 REPLY 1

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
christian.fogelholm
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: Zenbook Flip UX363
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hello, 

I use a Zenbook Flip UX363 laptop. The laptop has an external power button on the side of the case that can be accessed without opening the lid of the laptop (i.e., the power button is not a keyboard key). I often use the laptop connected to an external monitor (over a Thunderbolt cable), and for that reason it would be very practical to turn on the laptop from the external power button without opening the lid. However, I have only been able to turn on laptop from the external power if the lid is open (if the lid is closed, the laptop does not power on from the external button). I have selected “Do nothing” in the “When I close the lid” setting in the power settings (both while “On battery” and while “Plugged in”). 

Is it possible to turn on the laptop from the external power button while the lid remains closed if e.g. some setting is changed? 

Zenbook Flip UX363: is it possible to power on when the lid is closed with the on/off button?
in windows OS, in some certain conditions under power settings , your requirement does not satisfied , because windows design itself , eventhough if you modified the registry keys also, not possible.