This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VivoBook Pro 14X OLED - Grinding Noise from Laptop Fan

Razor54672
Star I

My laptop is just over an year old and its fan has started making a very strong grinding like noise.

About 2 months ago, I got it cleaned and it stopped doing that for a month but now it has abruptly resurfaced again.

I am concerned that it may cause problem to other components and wanted to know if it was safe to operate the unit during this time.

3 REPLIES 3

Anbby_ASUS

Hi @Razor54672 ,

I would like to confirm if you have tried using MyASUS to check the status of your fan hardware.
Additionally, I noticed your previous post two months ago. 
Can I confirm that did you sent your laptop to a repair center for inspection at that time?
Based on the video you provided, if the fan is making excessive noise while in standby mode. 
In order to prevent any hardware abnormalities from causing inconvenience in your usage, we would recommend you to take your computer to a repair center for further diagnosis. Thank you.

Sorry for the late reply.
Yes, I had sent my unit for inspection at the repair center.
Unfortunately, when I started it the next time, it didn't boot up and the service center is saying that it is motherboard damage (the replacement of which costs about 87% of unit cost).

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.