Star I
System: Win 10 64
Battery or AC: AC
Model: M515UA
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hope I'm in the right group. My M515UA-EB72 has no display on the screen, keyboard and pad does not work. HDMI video is OK and a USB keyboard/mouse work OK. There is no post screen on the HDMI unfortunately. If I try and do much of anything in the troubleshoot section it hangs up and I have to disconnect power, hold the power button down for 20 seconds and then it eventuality comes up at the Win 10 login window.
It happened the first time a few days after I upgraded to Windows 11. I went back to Win 10 and all was OK but now the problem is also on Win 10. HELP please...

Jay

9 REPLIES 9

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
k0gu
  1. System: Win 10 64
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: M515UA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: always
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:Hope I'm in the right group. My M515UA-EB72 has no display on the screen, keyboard and pad does not work. HDMI video is OK and a USB keyboard/mouse work OK. There is no post screen on the HDMI unfortunately. If I try and do much of anything in the troubleshoot section it hangs up and I have to disconnect power, hold the power button down for 20 seconds and then it eventuality comes up at the Win 10 login window.

It happened the first time a few days after I upgraded to Windows 11. I went back to Win 10 and all was OK but now the problem is also on Win 10. HELP please...

Jay

Very sick M515UA
Your laptop display works but another display is connected to HDMI cable from laptop HDMI port is not working right?
check HDMI cable and its version like 1.2 or 2.0b, and check the cable is properly connected or not.
Also enable HDMI port in bios

k0gu
Star I

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/61724/very-sick-m515ua

Your laptop display works but another display is connected to HDMI cable from laptop HDMI port is not working right?

check HDMI cable and its version like 1.2 or 2.0b, and check the cable is properly connected or not.

Also enable HDMI port in bios

View post
No the screen on the laptop does not work only HDMI works.
The keyboard on the laptop does not work.
The touch pad on the laptop does not work.
I can plug in a USB keyboard and mouse and they work OK.
I can not get to BIOS by any method described by ASUS docs. There is no POST screen on HDMI. If I use Recovery in Win10 to try and reboot to BIOS that doesn't work. The laptop hangs up when it tries to reboot out of Recovery. I have to disconnect the PS and hold the power key down 20 seconds to get it to go back to windows.
Jay

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
k0gu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/217242#Comment_217242

No the screen on the laptop does not work only HDMI works.

The keyboard on the laptop does not work.

The touch pad on the laptop does not work.

I can plug in a USB keyboard and mouse and they work OK.

I can not get to BIOS by any method described by ASUS docs. There is no POST screen on HDMI. If I use Recovery in Win10 to try and reboot to BIOS that doesn't work. The laptop hangs up when it tries to reboot out of Recovery. I have to disconnect the PS and hold the power key down 20 seconds to get it to go back to windows.

Jay

View post
method 1
if possible remove RAM modules and clean gold parts by clean white eraser and reinsert.
method 2
reset bios settings to default , save and exit.
boot windows into safemode, uninstall keyboard and mouse driver from device manager , restart windows.

k0gu
Star I
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/217249#Comment_217249

method 1

if possible remove RAM modules and clean gold parts by clean white eraser and reinsert.

method 2

reset bios settings to default , save and exit.

boot windows into safemode, uninstall keyboard and mouse driver from device manager , restart windows.

View post

method 1
The 8GB of RAM seems to be soldered to the board. The DIMM socket is empty. I put a 4GB card in the socket and it expanded the memory to 12GB but didn't fix the problem.

method 2
I can not do any of these things. I can not get into the BIOS. I can not get into safemode. The is no POST screen on the HDMI output. Anytime I do anything that will affect the settings with a restart I end up back at the windows login screen and I had to do a hard reset (hold down Power button) to get there. Whatever setting was suppose to change with the Restart does not happen. Anything I try to do from Settings > Update and Security > Recovery does not take place as the laptop does not Restart in the proper way.
Guess I will try ASUS but it looks pretty bleak.