This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Bios is not detecting my M.2 SSD

Netsnaper
Star I

Recently my laptop freeze and after restart, my ssd is not detected. The Legacy bios pops up on every restart. The UEFI settings are not available in bios. I replace my M.2 ssd with a new one thinking the old one was bad, but the same is happened, the ssd is not detected. Tried to reset bios settings but did not work, disable secure boot and fast start did not work, flash the bios with the latest did not work, no CSM or VSM options. The laptop is a Vivobook 15 F512DA with AMD environment. Please help, never had this issue in my Tech experience.

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@Netsnaper
I would recommend connecting both the old and the newly purchased SSD to another computer for testing.
If the other device can use them normally, it indicates that there may be an issue with the SSD interface or motherboard of your laptop.
I suggest sending it for repair for further investigation.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

When the issue happened, I tested both ssd and they work 100%. From time to time the bios starts recognizing the ssd and I can work without issues. Both not for long; after a power off or restart the issue comes back. I am asuming that its a motherboard issue too, but since the laptop have several years, a motherboard replacement will be close to the laptop purchase price. Thanks for the help.

@Netsnaper
If there is an occasional inability to detect the SSD, it could indeed be a malfunction in the SSD interface or motherboard.
Therefore, we recommend sending it for repair and inspection. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.