cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperatures and Fans

marco_asus
Star I
Hi everyone,

I have two questions for you. I have recently bought a VivoBook. Below you can find some specs.

The idle temperature of the laptop is 40 C. When I simply start browsing, temperatures go up to 45/50 (sometimes 60). The fans kick in and the temperature decreases. Is it normal that the fans need to start even if I am just searching for 'asus support' on google. It might be a normal behavior, but I did not experience it with my old laptop. What can you tell me about that.
About the fans. From time to time, I the fans bearings are running badly: listen to these grinding sounds: https://sndup.net/3tbf. It does not happen very often, though. Is this a common problem or expected? I am a little bit sad, because I bought this laptop during Black Friday and I actually like it. But there are some issues...
Please let me know what you think!

Specs:

Asus Model: X512DA
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U
RAM: 8gb
GPU: AMD Radeon Vega Mobile 

2 REPLIES 2

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
marco.asus

Hi everyone,

I have two questions for you. I have recently bought a VivoBook. Below you can find some specs.

1. The idle temperature of the laptop is 40 C. When I simply start browsing, temperatures go up to 45/50 (sometimes 60). The fans kick in and the temperature decreases. Is it normal that the fans need to start even if I am just searching for 'asus support' on google. It might be a normal behavior, but I did not experience it with my old laptop. What can you tell me about that.
  2. About the fans. From time to time, I the fans bearings are running badly: listen to these grinding sounds: https://sndup.net/3tbf. It does not happen very often, though. Is this a common problem or expected? I am a little bit sad, because I bought this laptop during Black Friday and I actually like it. But there are some issues...

Please let me know what you think!

Specs:

Asus Model: X512DA 
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U
RAM: 8gb
GPU: AMD Radeon Vega Mobile 

Temperatures and Fans
at present , go to service center, ask technician to check laptop fan and cpu heat

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Marco,
Since your device is new, Please kindly check if the BIOS and Windows update have been completed.
It may be running in the background and requires a few reboot to complete the all the update.
Then we can check if the device fan is acting as expected.
Thank you.