This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing "Some functions cannot be used, please restart the application or the computer" in MyASUS

BNibir
Star I
I am having issues in MyASUS app. Because of this I am not able to use any hot keys such as pressing f2 and f3 for volume changes and so on. Not able to activate any features in MyASUS such as eye care, Battery charging mode, True to life etc. I tried restarting my PC and repair, reset and reinstalling the app and it didn't work. Searched in online for help, found something which says to update the driver "ASUS system control interference V2". Tried updating it but it was already updated. No pending windows updates😔
Device name and model: ASUS VivoBook S15 S531FL
I am having this issue from 8 Sep 2020. It was all okay when I used my laptop and normally shut it down. But after couple of hours when I turned it on I am having this issue.
PLEASE HELP ME😭
20 REPLIES 20

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
Please kindly update ASUS System Control Interface V2 driver V2.2.31.0
and REBOOT the device the reinstall MyASUS.
Let me know the result.
Thank you so much.

wefwq
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Dear all,

Please kindly update ASUS System Control Interface V2 driver V2.2.31.0

and REBOOT the device the reinstall MyASUS.

Let me know the result.

Thank you so much.

View post
My issue has been resolved with the latest update of ASUS driver from MS update & ASUS app from MS store (app version 2.2.49.0), Armoury Crate (app version 3.1.6.0), with ASUS System Control Interface V2 (v2.2.30.0), GameVisual plugin are now updated correctly (v1.0.9.0).
ASUS Optimization service appear to be running automatically for every system startup, thank you very much for your help.

kenuki
Star I
hey there. i had the same issue. actually i had another issue before and then after fixing it, i run into this issue...
im always on the latest drivers and apps. but one day suddenly the hardware status inside armoury crate stopped working. i read that uninstalling the armoury crate and its related services by using the uninstaller which comes shipped within the driver download zip from asus (not through windows software uninstaller) and then reinstalling them will eventually fix it. and it really did. hardware status was back.
but then the issue described in this thread came up. i was on the latest version of everything, but still the Asus Optimization Service just does not want to start automatically. so i created my own fix:

right click on desktop and choose new -> txt
then paste this into it:
net stop "ASUSOptimization"
net start "ASUSOptimization"
now click save as and name it FIXasus.bat and choose as filetyp below "other" (not .txt) and save it to desktop.
now put it somewhere like "My Files"
now create a shortcut to it and place it at "C:\Users\**Username**\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
right click the shortcut and on the "Shortcut" tab click advanced
tick "Run as Administrator" there
save and reboot

now every time windows 10 boots up, it will close the service and restart it.
this way it will be loaded every time, even if asus delivers a fix in the meantime you can still leave it there, cause all it does is restarting the service manually.
hope this will help someone 🙂
bye

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
kenuki

hey there. i had the same issue. actually i had another issue before and then after fixing it, i run into this issue...

im always on the latest drivers and apps. but one day suddenly the hardware status inside armoury crate stopped working. i read that uninstalling the armoury crate and its related services by using the uninstaller which comes shipped within the driver download zip from asus (not through windows software uninstaller) and then reinstalling them will eventually fix it. and it really did. hardware status was back.

but then the issue described in this thread came up. i was on the latest version of everything, but still the Asus Optimization Service just does not want to start automatically. so i created my own fix:

right click on desktop and choose new -> txt

then paste this into it:

net stop "ASUSOptimization"

net start "ASUSOptimization"

now click save as and name it FIXasus.bat and choose as filetyp below "other" (not .txt) and save it to desktop.

now put it somewhere like "My Files"

now create a shortcut to it and place it at "C:\Users\**Username**\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

right click the shortcut and on the "Shortcut" tab click advanced

tick "Run as Administrator" there

save and reboot

now every time windows 10 boots up, it will close the service and restart it.

this way it will be loaded every time, even if asus delivers a fix in the meantime you can still leave it there, cause all it does is restarting the service manually.

hope this will help someone 🙂

bye

View post
Hi,
Please kindly open another thread and specify your model.
Thank you.

acerpalui
Star I
wefwq

Hello.

I'm having the same problem with MyAsus, this issue pretty much disabled Battery Health Charging function. After tinkering around, I have found the problem is that MyAsus program did not start "ASUSOptimization" service when user is logged on or during system startup.

So when I tried to open list of service and start ASUSOptimization proecess myself, then open MyAsus program the message will disappear and my Battery Health Charging will be usable again.

So that's said that this problem issue due to program not starting it's own service, anyone know how to make the service automatically run during startup? I have tried using Task Scheduler but no avail as I'm not tech-savvy enough.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

View post
yyeah its work for me,but why this service stop running during reboot?