This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen turns into blue tint color when trying to watch a full screen video on Youtube.

System: Windows 10 Home 64bit - Build No. 19042
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: ASUS M413IA
Frequency of occurrence: Every time I try to 1) Fullscreen a video in browser 2) Take screenshots 3) Fullscreen an application.
Reset OS: Yes.
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
For the relevant settings and versions that I have on my laptop:
I have a Ryzen 4500U APU with Integrated Radeon Graphics | 8GB RAM | DirectX 12
BIOS version: X421IAY.309 (Latest).
ASUS System Control Interface: 3.0.12.10 (Latest)
Windows Update: The latest.
Graphics Driver: 21.20.02-210607a-368648C-Asus
Graphics BIOS last update was 2020/03/10 02:21 March 10th, 2020 at 02:21PM
As described above, my screen keeps getting this blue tint whenever I try to open full-screen an application or a video in browser. Taking screenshots also make it blue.
This is when the color is normal:
normal.jpg
And this is when it is blue tinted:
bluetint.jpg
// Stuff I have tried to do while searching for past discussions here:
1) Removing MyASUS and downgrade to another version of ASUS System Control Interface: Does not fix the issue.
2) Removing the ASUS Splendid .IMC profiles: This will just make the screen blue permanently. Does not fix the issue.
3) Removing several Windows Update: Did not fix the issue.
4) Resetting my Windows to default: As I said, it didn't fix the issue.
I have online classes I need to attend and I do not want to send this unit in for RMA ( I still have warranty). Is there any software fix that I should consider?
30 REPLIES 30

owenlai_98
Star I
jegathcm2207

Hi all,

Did anybody get the solution?

I too have the same problem. But after an update issue with video and images are solved. But when I open any presentation or any other documents in full screen the bluish tint will show up. Any solutions for this?

View post
I even sent my laptop to ASUS authorised repair center for repair but the problem isn't fixed.

If the driver you need is below, you can download it from the ASUS's website. (Even if you haven't used MyASUS.)
"Version V27.20.22002.2001
2021/10/07 456.72 MBytes
AMD Graphics Driver"

I had similar problems on my computer as well. After this update, the problem is solved.

owenlai_98
Star I
historianeu1815

If the driver you need is below, you can download it from the ASUS's website. (Even if you haven't used MyASUS.)

"Version V27.20.22002.2001

2021/10/07 456.72 MBytes

AMD Graphics Driver"

I had similar problems on my computer as well. After this update, the problem is solved.

View post
Thank you for sharing. Unfortunately, the problem remains there even after I installed this specific driver from ASUS official website. Appreciate it if anyone can share any other alternative to fix this issue. Thank you very much in advance.

Falcon_ASUS
owenlai_98

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/193045#Comment_193045

Thank you for sharing. Unfortunately, the problem remains there even after I installed this specific driver from ASUS official website. Appreciate it if anyone can share any other alternative to fix this issue. Thank you very much in advance.

View post
@owenlai_98
I have sent you a PM, please try to update the driver in the PM.
Thank you.

owenlai_98

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/192468#Comment_192468

Thank you for sharing the driver specification. Unfortunately, there is no such driver appearing in myAsus "Live update" section as it mentioned that all the drivers are up-to-date. Appreciate it if you could share if there is any place/website that allows me to download the driver and install it manually. Thank you.

View post
I have the same issue. It's sad that a lot of people have complained about this in the support forums and there's no solution to this. The only hack I found is to get rid of the .icm extension, splendid files from ASUS System Control Interface which would make the blue tint permanent and then manually adjusting the color temperature to the warmer side in the AMD Radeon software. Rolling back the driver to the oldest version used to solve the issue till Windows 11 update rolled out. Now rolling back the driver does not seem to work.