Star I
System: VivoBook 15x x150za
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hi, I'm from Italy and I want to know if upgrading the ram voids the warranty. Italian tech support told me it will void it, but as I saw on other discussion in this forum, that's not true. Am I missing something or is this just an Italian policy?
As stated in the global warranty document the warranty may void if I damage something during the upgrade. Am I right?
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
maxis33t
  1. System: VivoBook 15x x150za
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model:
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:Hi, I'm from Italy and I want to know if upgrading the ram voids the warranty. Italian tech support told me it will void it, but as I saw on other discussion in this forum, that's not true. Am I missing something or is this just an Italian policy?

As stated in the global warranty document the warranty may void if I damage something during the upgrade. Am I right?

Ram upgrade voids warranty?
@maxis33t
As far as I know, if you replace the memory without damaging the motherboard, it will not affect the warranty.

maxis33t
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/67136/ram-upgrade-voids-warranty

@maxis33t

As far as I know, if you replace the memory without damaging the motherboard, it will not affect the warranty.

View post
well, the Italian support said that if I just open the backplate and so broke the seals, the warranty is voided. unlucky..

Falcon_ASUS
maxis33t

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/242543#Comment_242543

well, the Italian support said that if I just open the backplate and so broke the seals, the warranty is voided. unlucky..

View post
@maxis33t
If this is the case, I would suggest you bring the laptop and the parts you would like to install to our service center and let our engineers install it for you. Thank you.