This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing Windows 11 - IRST Driver

Bill_in_Baja
Star I

Model S513, Bios X513EAN  New laptop, first time installation of windows on an SSD:

Windows Installer can't find a driver, and from the documentation in ASUS support, the missing driver is the IRST.

From the documentation it seems that I need to download and put the driver into the boot USB, but when I download and run the driver installation utility to extract to a folder on the USB drive,  the resultant content is a bunch of further installer files..instead of an actual driver for windows to detect and continue installation.

I have attached a screen shot of the folder contents created by the driver utility, extracted to the USB device. 

I have followed the video and other written documentation on ASUS support, and am at  loss on how to resolve this issue.

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

@Bill_in_Baja 
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044458/
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Hi, I have 19 F1605EA to deploy and I'm facing this same issue, even with the Intel Volume Management Device (VMD) technology disable in the BIOS I cannot see the disks. If I install a Linux all is well. I know Windows BS but how can I overcome this issue?
Regards.

JGomes

@jasggomes
May I know the brand and model, as well as the capacity, of the SSD you have installed?
Have you tried referring to the following FAQ for troubleshooting the issue?
[Notebook/AIO] Troubleshooting - How to fix the problem that cannot find drives when installing Wind...
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.