This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notebook international warranty question

Tymniako
Star I

Hello, I’m buying an Asus Tuf gaming D15. Currently I live in Japan, but will soon move to Brazil.

I want to know if I will be covered once I’m in Brazil and if I could buy the extended Premium Care and be able to have its cover in Brazil as well.

I’ve found conflicting info, since international warranty doesnt mention Brazil, but premium care do.

also: is the notebook multivolt? Japan uses 100v flat outlets, and Brazil uses 127v round outlets. Will it work safe and properly without any risk of damage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Tymniako
In case I need any repair and/or replacement, can I refer to your authorized repair center and order the needed parts (could they order it directly from asus?)
>> Sure, but the delivery of parts may take some time.

Or can I conta t Japanese support and ask to buy the certain part for a relative to mail me it?
>> If you were in Brazil at that time, you can directly contact the local customer service in Brazil without contacting the customer service in Japan.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS

@Tymniako 
Unfortunately, Brazil is not included in the scope of international warranty coverage. You may visit a neighboring country to Brazil that offers international warranty services for assistance. And ASUS Premium Care can only be purchased in the country where you originally purchased your brand-new ASUS Product from. For more detail information, please refer to the following. Thank you.
ASUS Premium Care - Introduction 

Other important points to note:
1. Laptops purchased in Japan may have different keyboard configurations compared to laptops sold in Brazil.
2. The laptop's power adapter is compatible worldwide, and you can use it with a universal plug adapter.

But I found another Asus page referring to an extended free international warranty:

https://www.asus.com/me-en/microsite/Perfect_Warranty/2year_international.html

I ended up buying the Asus F15, and, even though there is no international warranty, would I be able to refer to the mentioned international warranty on the link ou would I be able to repair my unit at the official repair center paying it my own even without coverage? The tuf f15 is not Japan-specific, right?

regarding the keyboard, I can simply add a Portuguese usb keyboard and change the language in Win11 to work properly in Pt-br, right?

@Tymniako 
The link you provided is is the ASUS website in the Middle East, its main source of information should come from here : https://www.asus.com/me-en/content/2ypw/ 
TERMS & CONDITIONS
► Under this service package, customer is eligible to one claim per year during the coverage period and only one part is allowed to be claimed remedy.
The ASUS 2 Year Perfect Warranty can only be used within the UAE.
► ASUS reserves the right to modify the terms & conditions without prior notice.
► Certain models may not be included in the 2 Year Perfect Warranty upgrade, please refer to https://www.asus.com/me-en/microsite/Perfect_Warranty for more details

Because you purchased the product in Japan, this service you mentioned is not applicable.
If you wish to pay for repairs locally in Brazil, it will depend on the actual situation of the local repair center. 

Regarding the keyboard, laptops sold in Japan can only be changed to Japanese and English languages (Portuguese language is not available).
If you want to have multiple language options available, please refer to the following information.
Manage the input and display language settings in Windows 

Falcon_ASUS_0-1685065167533.png

Thank you.

Ok. The matter is: Asus Brazil sells the tuf gaming f15, but not exactly the FX507ZC4 I bought in Japan.

In case I need any repair and/or replacement, can I refer to your authorized repair center and order the needed parts (could they order it directly from asus?) 

or can I conta t Japanese support and ask to buy the certain part for a relative to mail me it?