Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Harddisk won't show up in disk management and file explorer

System: Windows 10
Model: Asus VIvobook A442U / ASUS TUF A15 FX506
========================
Detailed description:
I tried connecting my WD My Passport HDD to both of my laptops and it won't show up both in file explorer and in disk management. I can't format the HDD or initialize it as it doesn't appear anywhere in both laptops. I am sure that there's no USB port failure since my ASUS TUF A15 is still 1 day old. Besides that, my WD My Passport has a light indicator which indicates whether it's working or not, and the light indicator is on, which means it is working. I can still eject the HDD from my laptop and I can still hear the sound that it should be read (the sound when you plug in a HDD or USB)
1 REPLY 1

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Brian Sebastian
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Model: Asus VIvobook A442U / ASUS TUF A15 FX506

========================

Detailed description:

I tried connecting my WD My Passport HDD to both of my laptops and it won't show up both in file explorer and in disk management. I can't format the HDD or initialize it as it doesn't appear anywhere in both laptops. I am sure that there's no USB port failure since my ASUS TUF A15 is still 1 day old. Besides that, my WD My Passport has a light indicator which indicates whether it's working or not, and the light indicator is on, which means it is working. I can still eject the HDD from my laptop and I can still hear the sound that it should be read (the sound when you plug in a HDD or USB)

External Harddisk won't show up in disk management and file explorer
type the following in command prompt with admin rights, post the screenshot
diskpart.exe
list disk
here is screenshot , in my laptop three internally connected disks are running , two 2TB 2.5inch hdd, one 250GB m.2 sata
disk-jpg.jpg