This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS VivoBook Pro: broken hinge?

mickyjhon601
Star I
I just realized that when I close my laptop the right side of the back part of the screen remains lifted and it makes an awful crack noise if I try to open/close it. I also noticed that the bezel on the same side is slightly detached as well. What do you think is the problem and can it be easily fixed? The laptop has never been dropped so I don't understand how this has happened.
5 REPLIES 5

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
mickyjhon601

I just realized that when I close my laptop the right side of the back part of the screen remains lifted and it makes an awful crack noise if I try to open/close it. I also noticed that the bezel on the same side is slightly detached as well. What do you think is the problem and can it be easily fixed? The laptop has never been dropped so I don't understand how this has happened.

This issue can be corrected, only if you take your laptop to the nearest Asus service center.
I don't have your model laptop.

Falcon_ASUS
mickyjhon601

@mickyjhon601
According to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/ .Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

mickyjhon601
Star I
mickyjhon601

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/55676/asus-vivobook-pro-broken-hinge

This issue can be corrected, only if you take your laptop to the nearest Asus service center.

I don't have your model laptop.

View post
Thanks for the response. I will follow that

sreejithag96
Star I
Asus vivobook has the worst build quality have faced the same issue and
even on warranty service center denied to get it fixed under warranty
had to follow for around around 4 months to get it fixed
I will never but any Asus product in my life
even after the service their freaking bios update crippled my laptop performance and now the laptop is not usable more than 3 hours it will lock to 0.4GHZ cpu speed Asus don't bother to fixing it.
I have visited their freaking service center and the morons don't understand anything they simply reinstalled windows and the issue was fixed for sometime now its back i strongly feel it bios bug i know atleast 10 users of the same model having the exact same issue
Asus is worthless never buying any asus products