Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: A442UR
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: already
Screenshot or video: I can't record
========================
Detailed description: My Asus laptop fan was usually quiet, but whenever I start mid to heavy app-like games, the fan goes very loud
I then bring it to the Asus Official service center, they did a hardware check and decided it was alright. so they will proceed with Fan cleaning + Paste replacing.
After they did, I took my laptop home, and use it. Now the issue is the opposite. At startup, it goes very loud, for like 30 second-1 a minute, then silent even when I'm playing games.
I wonder what's wrong. Does anybody know what to do then?

The resolution I already tried :
Undervolting in high-performance battery mode
and all FAQ section of fan overheating from Asus website except my Asus, since my laptop didn't support that feature. (can't post link here yet)

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
Hanan
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: A442UR
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: already
  6. Screenshot or video: I can't record

========================

Detailed description: My Asus laptop fan was usually quiet, but whenever I start mid to heavy app-like games, the fan goes very loud

I then bring it to the Asus Official service center, they did a hardware check and decided it was alright. so they will proceed with Fan cleaning + Paste replacing.

After they did, I took my laptop home, and use it. Now the issue is the opposite. At startup, it goes very loud, for like 30 second-1 a minute, then silent even when I'm playing games.

I wonder what's wrong. Does anybody know what to do then?

The resolution I already tried :

• Undervolting in high-performance battery mode
  • and all FAQ section of fan overheating from Asus website except my Asus, since my laptop didn't support that feature. (can't post link here yet)

Asus Laptop fan so loud but only on startup
@Hanan
Does your laptop overheat when playing games?

willjoe2442
Star III
Dust is the most common cause of laptop noises. Dust damages your system in various ways including obstructing your laptop's fan, which causes it to make loud noises. Your laptop's processor is essentially its brain; hence, we advise that you clean the processor's cooler from time to time

Regards,
Willjoe

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.