This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 7 Ultimate Stuck in Boot Loop

ryououki
Star II

I have a US version ROG Phone 7 Ultimate that has been upgraded to Android 14 since March 2, 2024 and today was the first time I have rebooted the phone since the upgrade and am stuck in a boot loop where the phone boots up and gets to the unlock screen, but then after a couple seconds shows the ROG logo again and a few seconds later goes back to the unlock screen over and over again.

I tried steps I found of others mentioning the same problem of boot looping for the ROG Phone 7 on Reddit.  Steps recommended were plugging phone in for a few minutes, PWR+VOLDown for reboots, safe mode booting does not work, and leaving plugged in to power for over 30 minutes. None of those steps worked.

After several things tried, I found something that consistently works for me so far to stop the boot looping. By ejecting the SIM card from the phone, the phone will do the boot loop 1 or 2 more times and then stay up with no issues, except that the cellular service is unavailable. However, if I reinsert the SIM card again, the boot looping starts up again until I remove the SIM card again. I have tried it in SIM card slots 1 and 2 with same results. I have also tried different SIM cards as well with same results.

When I originally upgraded to Android 14 on my ROG Phone 7 Ultimate, it went to version WW_Phone-34.1010.0820.60-0. After figuring out leaving the SIM card out stopped the boot looping and I could use the phone again, I checked for an update and there was one that upgraded it to WW_Phone-34.1010.0820.65-0. However this update did nothing to fix my problem.

I am posting this up in case it helps someone else with the same problem to at least be able to get to their data and apps on the phone. I can't deal with a factory reset at this time though but at least I can back up configurations of apps on the phone in case I have to go that route. However, it is seriously ridiculous that these flagship phones would have this issue!

ASUS we need a fix for this!  I am attaching a video showing the problem as well.

52 REPLIES 52

SILENT988
Star III

An update to fix this will come soon .

Hello SILENT988.  What is the timeframe and do you have any sources that can be sited regarding this for the ROG Phone 7?

MattWojo
Star III

I'm having the exact same problem with ROG phone 6. I originally updated it with no problem, but my phone died a couple days later (from general use), and after charging it and turning it back on it started rebooting constantly. I got a new SIM card but it didn't do anything. I was on the brink of resulting to a factory reset before seeing your post. 

Hello MattWojo.  Thank you for that info.  The fact that it is affecting both ROG Phone 6 and 7 shows ASUS really messed something up in their implementation of Android14.  I called ASUS to tell them about it and instead of opening a case to have their engineers work on a fix, they only wanted to open an RMA for me.  Really hopes they can figure this out soon and push out a update.