This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 14 issue FPS Drop

Agustinp
Star III

Hello, today I updated the software to Android 14 and I am experiencing a drop in fps in a game  called Final Fantasy 7 Ever Crisis. The game supports up to 30 fps, and after the update, it oscillates between 20 and 30 fps continuously, generating continuous freezes in the image. I always used the Refresh Rate "Auto" setting and never had problems (always remained stable at 29-30 fps), I tried selecting Refresh Rate 60 fps (in the phone settings) and it still drops.

I would like to know if it is a problem with the game that is not optimized for Android 14 (which seems strange to me) or if it is a problem with the Android version.

Thanks

38 REPLIES 38

Thanks for the info, I updated the team with this information

Soskdnbsja
Star II

Du bist vollkommen im Recht die reden so als ob sie dass täglich spielen würden und nichts auffälliges merken würden.

Wenn ich auf einem gaming Phone spiele soll so etwas nicht passieren.

Soskdnbsja
Star II

Gauravmathur12
Star II

BRO this happened to everyone  

Agustinp
Star III

@Mattias_ASUS

Hello again, I was so happy when I see the patch... I update the software and the problem persist, even worse... Freezes more than before...

Why u don't give us the chance to go back to android 13? Is our decision, we are prefer lose new things of android 14 to have a smooth phone 

Edith: The problem that I mentioned at the beginning of the issue about the seconds it took for the Hyper charge animation to appear was solved. As soon as I connect the cell phone to the charger, the animation appears. One less problem, now the most important thing remains. THE FPS!!! 😖