This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 14 issue FPS Drop

Agustinp
Star III

Hello, today I updated the software to Android 14 and I am experiencing a drop in fps in a game  called Final Fantasy 7 Ever Crisis. The game supports up to 30 fps, and after the update, it oscillates between 20 and 30 fps continuously, generating continuous freezes in the image. I always used the Refresh Rate "Auto" setting and never had problems (always remained stable at 29-30 fps), I tried selecting Refresh Rate 60 fps (in the phone settings) and it still drops.

I would like to know if it is a problem with the game that is not optimized for Android 14 (which seems strange to me) or if it is a problem with the Android version.

Thanks

38 REPLIES 38

Agustinp
Star III

@Mattias_ASUS

I was reading too many posts and they all agree that, after updating to Android 14, we started to have loss of fps.

Could you enable the update to Android 13? The truth is that it worked perfectly. And when the problem is solved, enable Android 14 again. This version ruined the phone, totally dissatisfied...

Edith: Mattias, u mention that u test the games and no found problems, how can it be possible? Atm around of 7 or 8 games had the same problem, it's obvious that not is problem of every developer of each game, even all at the same time? Ofc not

I asked to the support of final fantasy game and they confirm me that actually no exist problem with Android 14

yes agree, android 14 ruined the phone

I also have the same problem in all games. In other phone brands, there are no problems with games with the Android 14 system. In addition to that frame instability, my phone is now slower and has other problems. For example, AeroActive cooler 7 is not quite right, sometimes it doesn't respond if I change the cooling mode or the lighting of the cooler and now all the games won't even open. We really need a chance to update our phone back to Android 13 because now I can't play any games.

This is specifically why I asked about which scenario you did experience the issues, to be able to recreate them and send the info to the devs.
If somebody just writes "Game has problem" Then it's hard to find what the issue actually is, the more details we get, the faster we can find the problem.

Final Fantasy is a dynamic RPG game, fight in real time with turn-based attack commands. It has 2 game modes, Solo Content and Co-op content (Real Players).

in Solo Content: the FPS drop occurs when you perform your own actions or when the enemy attacks. That is, every time there are image movements.

In Co-op Content: being multiplayer (3 players vs a monster) the fall is continuous, whether they are attacking or not. When you attack with some skill the FPS drop is even greater (many freezes)

As I had mentioned before, the game runs at 30 fps regardless of the graphic option you choose (low to ultra, it's the same). On Android 13 it worked perfectly, it always stayed at 29-30 fps and there were no problems.
With Android 14 the fps fluctuate from 20 to 30 continuously (every second) and this is reflected in continuous freezes in the image (like jumps)

Scrolling through the game menu, for example, opening the list of available weapons, or any menu that involves having to scroll, causes the fps to drop and jumps to appear in the image.