This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 14 issue FPS Drop

Agustinp
Star III

Hello, today I updated the software to Android 14 and I am experiencing a drop in fps in a game  called Final Fantasy 7 Ever Crisis. The game supports up to 30 fps, and after the update, it oscillates between 20 and 30 fps continuously, generating continuous freezes in the image. I always used the Refresh Rate "Auto" setting and never had problems (always remained stable at 29-30 fps), I tried selecting Refresh Rate 60 fps (in the phone settings) and it still drops.

I would like to know if it is a problem with the game that is not optimized for Android 14 (which seems strange to me) or if it is a problem with the Android version.

Thanks

38 REPLIES 38

I mostly play Call of Duty Mobile and before the android 14 update the fps was always stable at 120-122, but now it fluctuates between 50-120 all the time. I have the same problem in PUGB Mobile and all other games. In addition, the phone now opens games more slowly and is laggy. I don't think that all the problems are caused by the fact that the games don't support Android 14, because on other phone brands with Android 14 these games work just as well as before. Could you give us a chance to go back to Android 13 because it has these problems. Now I can't play anything because of that lag and frame throwing.

@Mattias_ASUS 

Hi,

For Call of Duty mobile my frame drops happens when I play Ranked MP and go up against real players. Being in a bot lobbies or training ground shooting around does not affect FPS drops. For my phone this happens when you are playing against/with real players. Hope this can help for your debugging 

I just shot a video of that Call of Duty Mobile fps throwing. I would like to send it to you if possible. I noticed myself that if I play against bots, the fps doesn't drop that much, but the more real players there are in the game, the worse it runs.

Hi @JimiK 
Absolutely, I'm sending you a PM so you can send me the video.

I jave yust problems with air triggers and its not normal.how solve that