This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog6D is far superior to qualcomm

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
First tests are out and as suspected, it performs better with signficiantly better battery life.
Genshin 3hours on Qualcomm, while on dimensity it has 6 hours and superior performance to boot. The Rog6D is a massive slap to anyones face who purchased the Rog6 QC version.
The Rog6D passive cooling capabilities far surpass the regular models thanks to the finned heatsink.
We will still have to see about the reliability issues, but so far performance and thermal wise the Rog6D is a massive upgrade.

23 REPLIES 23

excavation5
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcefkE5Gkd8

This video, especially the genshin gameplay is a serious kick in the face for any early Rog6 buyer

View post

and what is this from 07:49 minute to 08:50 minute ??? This alien phone whit this new chip from other universe have a fps drop even to 30 fps in genshin impact ..... This is impossible for this alien processor .... I will apply screen shots to all fps drops and i advice you to watch very careful the fps and gpu usage that go to 100% usage ... And in this short test he use aero active cooler 6 whit Xmode +
First i will add short video of my rog phone 6 whit max settings and Xmode on
For the screenshots that is Rog Phone 6D ultimate
screenshot-20220920-180050-gallery.jpg
screenshot-20220920-175627-gallery.jpg
screenshot-20220920-175529-gallery.jpg
screenshot-20220920-174535.jpg

Also next thing what is this in apex legends ????
screenshot-20220920-183150.jpg
100% gpu usage
screenshot-20220920-183140.jpg
55 fps drop
There have a drops to 55 fps and GPU usage of 99% and Xmode+ and aeroactive cooler ... i also play this game whit my rog phone 6 i dont have fps drops and never seen my gpu to go above 60-70%

And in the end the most of the people dont know how to use the phone becouse there have other settings than Xmode that can improve stability in games this also apply for the Rog Phone 6D even for the rog phone 5 before last 4-5 updates thats broke the advanced settings in armory crate ...... And if you know what to do you will never seen 100% gpu usage or brutal fps drops like this

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@excavation5
This is because for that particular reviewer the xmode bugged out and didnt trigger the proper power profile. The GPU usage is high because it runs at low clockspeeds because the phone is in low power mode. A known bug that also happens on the Rog6 regular version.
This is how genshin looks like in 30minute gameplay Rog6D regular not bugged:
genshinimpact.jpg
Very stable. Whats more the new redesigned cooling in the Rog6D Ultimate is extremely good. The entire phone is up to 10c - 12c cooler than the Rog6, the Rog6D Ultimate has the lowest temperature while playing genshin on the market.
Here the Rog6D ultimate by comparison:
crazy6dultimate.jpg
This is absolutely crazy how low the temp is on the battery and the entire phone.
This performance combined with much less power draw on load, better picture quality of the camera and hopefully none of the terrible reliability issues on the crappy qualcom variant has, makes the Rog6D a much much much better phone overall.
Another thing I noticed was thanks to some reviewers, the Rog6D has 90fps in CODM while the regular is locked at 60. I think at this point it's pretty much confirmed that ASUS wants to get rid of the Rog6 regular as quickly as possible.

excavation5
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

@excavation5

This is because for that particular reviewer the xmode bugged out and didnt trigger the proper power profile. The GPU usage is high because it runs at low clockspeeds because the phone is in low power mode. A known bug that also happens on the Rog6 regular version.

This is how genshin looks like in 30minute gameplay Rog6D regular not bugged:

genshinimpact.jpg

Very stable. Whats more the new redesigned cooling in the Rog6D Ultimate is extremely good. The entire phone is up to 10c - 12c cooler than the Rog6, the Rog6D Ultimate has the lowest temperature while playing genshin on the market.

Here the Rog6D ultimate by comparison:

crazy6dultimate.jpg

This is absolutely crazy how low the temp is on the battery and the entire phone.

This performance combined with much less power draw on load, better picture quality of the camera and hopefully none of the terrible reliability issues on the crappy qualcom variant has, makes the Rog6D a much much much better phone overall.

Another thing I noticed was thanks to some reviewers, the Rog6D has 90fps in CODM while the regular is locked at 60. I think at this point it's pretty much confirmed that ASUS wants to get rid of the Rog6 regular as quickly as possible.

View post
Dont believe to everything that you see the first thing that i do when i buy the phone was to download CODM and play it at 90 fps before 40 days
I also have 12200 games in multiplayer mode and play this game from the begging and if this phone dont support 90fps from the begging i will take it back
screenshot-20220920-204359-call-of-duty.jpg
screenshot-20220920-204303-call-of-duty.jpg
Other thing is that the most people and youtubers really dont know how to test a phones in the beginning when new phone show up they make it the best device ever even for samsung s22 i know videos that show how they play genshin impact at 60 fps but this is for 3 minutes and no one show you after this what happend ... Other thing is even now is hard to find very good tests for rog phone 6 and becouse of this i will wait better tests for my opinion but this doesn't mean i don't believe that rog 6D is better but for me is important to see moore tests also for me biggest question is why asus didnt apply this cooling system on rog phone 6 i am sure in that they can do it for rog 6 but no they put it on 6D ..... I dont think that Snapdragon is bad processor but when is hotter why the cooling is not better ? And this question is for asus becouse even whitout the new cooling system rog 6D is more cold than than rog phone 6 and in this case whit my logic i think rog phone 6 need more this cooling system becouse is hotter phone but as we know everything is money and asus like everyone care more about the money ..... i am not disappointed about my rog phone 6 i buy it in preored and get free aerocooler also i dont have any problems whit the phone but is not good to see how asus care only about the money and when they can do something better they didn't do it ...

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
excavation5

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/228890#Comment_228890

Dont believe to everything that you see the first thing that i do when i buy the phone was to download CODM and play it at 90 fps before 40 days

I also have 12200 games in multiplayer mode and play this game from the begging and if this phone dont support 90fps from the begging i will take it back

screenshot-20220920-204359-call-of-duty.jpg

screenshot-20220920-204303-call-of-duty.jpg

Other thing is that the most people and youtubers really dont know how to test a phones in the beginning when new phone show up they make it the best device ever even for samsung s22 i know videos that show how they play genshin impact at 60 fps but this is for 3 minutes and no one show you after this what happend ... Other thing is even now is hard to find very good tests for rog phone 6 and becouse of this i will wait better tests for my opinion but this doesn't mean i don't believe that rog 6D is better but for me is important to see moore tests also for me biggest question is why asus didnt apply this cooling system on rog phone 6 i am sure in that they can do it for rog 6 but no they put it on 6D ..... I dont think that Snapdragon is bad processor but when is hotter why the cooling is not better ? And this question is for asus becouse even whitout the new cooling system rog 6D is more cold than than rog phone 6 and in this case whit my logic i think rog phone 6 need more this cooling system becouse is hotter phone but as we know everything is money and asus like everyone care more about the money ..... i am not disappointed about my rog phone 6 i buy it in preored and get free aerocooler also i dont have any problems whit the phone but is not good to see how asus care only about the money and when they can do something better they didn't do it ...

View post
Agreed, nobody mentioned the delay on the Rog5/Rog6 which is a problem for many competitive players. One of the biggest CODM youtubers:
ParkerTheSlayer ClipsHe bought Rog5 after his Rog3 and returned the Rog 5 because it was bad. Then he bought Rog6, even made a review on it, and then again returned it in favor for his Rog3 after less than 2 days, because it again sucked bad.

The reason why you don't find good tests is because of the buggy Rog 6, its very difficult to record a long session when this keeps happening:
Mazen Junaidi

hello everybody,

i just bought rog phone 6 three days ago and i noticed some glitches here and there and after searching on internet i found that alot of this bugs or issues happend to other users so i will not talk about it now because majority of that issues is UI related and u can live with it untill receiving new update, but my issue that am gonna talk about is reason that i bought this device and its not accepted at all which is (ethernet adapter connection keeps droping and disconnecting during the game ) yes its gaming phone and the connection keeps dropping. i tried to do many things to fix the issue but nothing solve it, i tried this : unistalled un-nessessery apps+restart device+restart modem+factory reset device ...and nothing solve the issue than i tried to disable the (ARMOURY CRATE) app and i felt that the performance of my device and ethernet connection become slightly better but the issue not solved ...so any one faced something like this. BTW am using good brand adapter (powerology brand) and this adapter works flawlessly with my ipad mini and S22 ultra and am using (cat 6 and cat 7 cable) direct from the router. i wish to find solution for this issue because i cant play call of duty mobile because of this issue!!!

Model Name : Asus rog phone 6

firmeware : Android 12 with last security update

Not rooted

Frequency : sometimes 3 times during the game, sometimes 5 times, sometimes the system not recognise the adapter, sometimes the system takes more than 2 minutes to recognise the adapter, sometimes i need to unplug the adapter 3 times to recognise the adapter

idont know which app causes this and the apps installed on my device is : whatsapp, messenger lite, call of duty mobile

This happend with the USB-C 3.1 located at the left side of the device ( not bottom )

ethernet adapter keep disconnecting during games
Happens with capture cards, ehternet adapters, even the stupid cooler. As for why not add better cooling, we all ask that very same question. Instead of making proper cooler, they did this instead:
yosef019

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog6 C
  2. Firmware Version: 163
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): 3Dmark extreme stress test

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

@Danishblunt do you see that asus again ?

image.png

with fan cooler

image.png

with thermal config from version of software 134

image.png

and some times its fryes the battery on 163 firmware and almoust not trotle without fan

plz return the V 134 Thermal config to the next firmware update of rog 6

Device trotles at 40c at v163 Please return Thermal config from V134
You don't have problems yet. We already have dead phones and camera issues, the dead phones have been reported on the chinese zentalk, since they are more powerusers, while here the camera issue has been noted:
DZHEX

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: AI2201_C
  2. Firmware Version:32.2810.2208.163
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: recently/always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I just tried taking some pictures and the camera view started getting inverted and in a blue tone.

img-20220915-204410.jpg

img-20220915-204403.jpg

The phone was not moved between the pictures and the picture was not edited. This was happening with both, the default camera app and OpenCamera (why can we not use gamegenie to assign airtriggers to default camera actions, again?). Eventually the camera hanged and the phone rebooted. What's going on?

I updated the software recently, not sure if I used the camera until now after updating.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this happened first time after launching OpenCamera via squeeze gesture while the phone was locked, and it behaved... weirdly, not sure how it happened (I jumped up from a sofa to take the picture and got "flashbanged", so I'm not 100% sure what exactly happened and how 😅). I was unable to zoom out for some reason.

Edit: I am hearing some sort of clicking while the camera is active. I made sure that it isn't the horizon signal.

Having weird camera issues/crashes... any fix?
CODM is not a very demanding game, here my Rog3:

Usage is extremely low.

Mazen_Junaidi
Star III
@Danishblunt
actually yes there is delay inside games and few people noticed that, am happy that you mentioned (delay inside games) like call of duty mobile, because after realizing the delay in movements, looting, aiming and overall game experience i uninstalled the game and realized that this device (Rog phone 6) not for gaming...yes NOT FOR PROFESSIONAL GAMERS!!! and for that reason the developer of call of duty mobile increased the (aim assest+accuracy+damage) to owners of rog phone 6 and its noticeable. after all of this issues am playing COD MOBILE on my ipad mini 6, its very hard to go back to rog 6 after using ipad mini 6 (which is way responsibe, and there is no delay in movements!!! )