This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front camera option is missing in camera app

Rowdyruffbrick
Star II

A few weeks ago, my ROG Phone 6 (global) started having issues with the camera, the front camera button would go missing and the pictures taken from the main camera looked weird.. I had to restart the phone to get them working again but overtime it got worse and the restarting did not help anymore. I figured it was a software issue so I cleared the cache of the camera which did not fix it and I wanted to clear the cache of the phone itself but couldnt as it was not unlocked nor rooted. I posted on xda and someone else told me that they had the exact same issue and it was a driver issue(?). The flashlight function does not work as well from the notification shade. Weird thing is the front camera works in apps like WhatsApp so I know it is working and it isnt a hardware issue. I thought it would be fixed with the A13 update, but it did not.

Could someone please assist me in this?

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 6 (Global SD version)
  2. Firmware Version: WW_33.0610.2810.72
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera application
60 REPLIES 60

I am pretty positive that it is software issue

As the main camera and ultrawide camera settings are also reversed 

Exactly... Cameras are working... Seem to be a driver issued as someone pointed out on xda. Please give us a proper solution rather than just giving the default go to the service centre... It's really out of the way and inconvenient for me. 

Moreover, it's clear that I'm not the only one with this issue as well. C'mon ASUS, you're better than this...

Mattias_ASUS

After investigating your log @Rowdyruffbrick, they came to the conclusion that it is a Hardware Issue and needs to be checked by a Service Center.

I could always try with someone else's Log-file, in case they find something different but at the moment that's the solution given.

I would really like to share my SMMI test results but I don't know the QR code you need to capture

Also I've found problems with my SMMI test also, where the Front Camera test is assigned to the ultrawide camera, the rear camera 1 is assigned to the front camera, rear camera 2 is assigned to what I assume to be either the main or macro camera, and opening rear camera 3 test just crashes the app

i also have same issue. the front camera can be use in other app but not on camera apps. please do something. as if everyone who own rog phone series has the same hardware problem for camera, worldwide simultaneously. please do better and dont ask us to go the nearest service centre. thank you.